X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Black
    replied
    which of the two setting you changed

DVMT Pre-Allocated or DVMT Total Gfx Mem ?

Aperture size which value do you have ?

and GTT Size which value do you have ?

I don't want to mess up my PIPO X7

can you post a screenshot with your value for GFX Config thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mheel
    replied
    Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
    What temperatures do you have when streaming from TV4 Play or Viaplay? Both use sliverlight. Mabey you have thermal throttling problem like i had.
    I have tryed tv4play and magine. The both use silverlight. My temp are below 60. I have change the bios settings that Scooby-doo recommeneded. I think it works great.
    I installed the 32bits version of silverlight.
    /Mheel

Leave a comment:

• Mheel
    replied
    Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
    I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent - now only in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).
    Why only 128 and not more?

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied
    What temperatures do you have when streaming from TV4 Play or Viaplay? Both use sliverlight. Mabey you have thermal throttling problem like i had.
    Without any lags VOD is not possible at all with this box. By temp-optimization you can really get much better results - but still not perfect.
    You would need about 2 Ghz ona all four cores.
    I built a HTPC with Celeron J1900 for this case. It is nearly the same cpu like the Z3736f, but it can give 2 ghz (our cpu 1,57 with optimal cooling) to all four cores. On that PC everthing is smooth.
    I hope that microsoft will optimize silverlight in the future for lower cpu usage.
    Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 02-23-2015, 14:57.

Leave a comment:

• Trhuster
    replied
    Originally posted by Scooberdanje View Post
    I get choppy streaming regardless of IE, Chrome or Firefox. I've tried to html5 addon to see if it's the flashplayer causing this. Even with the graphic setting in BIOS i have no significant change.

The one thing left to do is get better cooling for the box. But it f*ing sucks to have a box like this and simple websurfing/streaming is choppy.

Leave a comment:

• Scooberdanje
    replied
    Yes the first way to get better streaming performance was to mod the box. My temps are always below 50 ° C over all cores, even with permanent 100 % usage in prime95. Look in my heatsink modding threat.
    I get choppy streaming regardless of IE, Chrome or Firefox. I've tried to html5 addon to see if it's the flashplayer causing this. Even with the graphic setting in BIOS i have no significant change.

The one thing left to do is get better cooling for the box. But it f*ing sucks to have a box like this and simple websurfing/streaming is choppy.

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied
    Amazing! It really works. No stutter anymore that i can see in quick test. Thx alot man!

Edit some minor stutter still but cpu is 80c so i guess thermal throttling is a issue too.
    Yes the first way to get better streaming performance was to mod the box. My temps are always below 50 ° C over all cores, even with permanent 100 % usage in prime95. Look in my heatsink modding threat.

Leave a comment:

• Trhuster
    replied
    Go to UEFI bios -> chipset -> north bridge -> intel IGD configuration -> and there you find the entries "gfx boost" and you can decide the amount of the ram reserved for the gpu.

Amazing! It really works. No stutter anymore that i can see in quick test. Thx alot man!

Edit some minor stutter still but cpu is 80c so i guess thermal throttling is a issue too.

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied
    Exactly where do i change this? Tried to find it in bios settings but i guess i am blind...
    Go to UEFI bios -> chipset -> north bridge -> intel IGD configuration -> and there you find the entries "gfx boost" and you can decide the amount of the ram reserved for the gpu.

Leave a comment:

• Trhuster
    replied
    I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent - now only in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).
    Exactly where do i change this? Tried to find it in bios settings but i guess i am blind...

Leave a comment:

• Flumpster
    replied

That's more like it mate. Nice find.

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied
    I tested IE and Chrome, same issue.
    With chrome I get less lags, than with IE.

Leave a comment:

• Trhuster
    replied
    Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
    I still don't have one to test this on but what browser are you using to try this? I know that chrome had big problems with the silverlight addon years ago and don't know if they ever fixed it. As much as I hate IE it would be the best browser to test it in.
    I tested IE and Chrome, same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpster
    replied
    I have the same problem. Streaming services that uses silverlight is very choppy. In Kodi i can watch full blueray ~30Mbits without problem but stream a video with silverlight is choppy at ~5Mbits Bummer...
    I still don't have one to test this on but what browser are you using to try this? I know that chrome had big problems with the silverlight addon years ago and don't know if they ever fixed it. As much as I hate IE it would be the best browser to test it in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X