This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooberdanje View Post
    I get choppy streaming regardless of IE, Chrome or Firefox. I've tried to html5 addon to see if it's the flashplayer causing this. Even with the graphic setting in BIOS i have no significant change.

The one thing left to do is get better cooling for the box. But it f*ing sucks to have a box like this and simple websurfing/streaming is choppy.
    What temperatures do you have when streaming from TV4 Play or Viaplay? Both use sliverlight. Mabey you have thermal throttling problem like i had.

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
      What temperatures do you have when streaming from TV4 Play or Viaplay? Both use sliverlight. Mabey you have thermal throttling problem like i had.
      Without any lags VOD is not possible at all with this box. By temp-optimization you can really get much better results - but still not perfect.
      You would need about 2 Ghz ona all four cores.
      I built a HTPC with Celeron J1900 for this case. It is nearly the same cpu like the Z3736f, but it can give 2 ghz (our cpu 1,57 with optimal cooling) to all four cores. On that PC everthing is smooth.
      I hope that microsoft will optimize silverlight in the future for lower cpu usage.
      Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 02-23-2015, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
        I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.

Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent - now only in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).
        Why only 128 and not more?

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
          I have tryed tv4play and magine. The both use silverlight. My temp are below 60. I have change the bios settings that Scooby-doo recommeneded. I think it works great.
          I installed the 32bits version of silverlight.
          /Mheel

Comment

which of the two setting you changed

DVMT Pre-Allocated or DVMT Total Gfx Mem ?

Aperture size which value do you have ?

and GTT Size which value do you have ?

I don't want to mess up my PIPO X7

can you post a screenshot with your value for GFX Config thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Black View Post
              which of the two setting you changed

DVMT Pre-Allocated or DVMT Total Gfx Mem ?

Aperture size which value do you have ?

and GTT Size which value do you have ?

I don't want to mess up my PIPO X7

can you post a screenshot with your value for GFX Config thanks

I only changed Pre-allocated ram to 128 mb and enabled gfx-boost.
              That´s it.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
                  I modified the igp grafic settings. Gfx boost -> enabled, instead of 32 I reserved 128 mb Ram for the graphics.
                  Result: Prime instant video silverlight HD streaming is fluent - now only in Internet explorer (nearly no more lags in rapid scenes).
                  Hi and thank you a lot indeed for the extremely kind and valuable advice !
                  I had problems with Netflix streaming and now after having enabled GFX boost and increased the reserved graphic memory to 256 MB the streaming is much smoother. Thank you !
                  You indeed know this little amazing beast. It is the sound quality also that has won be completely.
                  What scares me is the huge number of possible settings in the bios.
                  I am completely lost there. But i will study here for sure.
                  Thanks again. Very kind of you. Kind regards, geppo
                  With the kindest regards, geppo

Comment

Best thing is not changr anything in the bios besides the gpu setting like you allready did

Comment

I am awaiting my Pipo X7s (dual boot). Any idea if this fix will work on it ? Anyone experience an adverse effect on the BIOS using this tweak? While researching, I read that users have messed up their BIOS after making mods.

Comment

This modification doesn't appear to affect the bios adversely. It will boot up again, I was nervous too. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mheel View Post

Why only 128 and not more?
                          this is shared RAM.... you could set it to 512Mb.... but then you'd only have 1.5Gb for the OS....

Comment

I had real issues with silverlight. I couldn't stream Amazon in HD at all. Amazon is rolling out a html5 player. It was available on my pipo last night for streaming. It streams beautifully now

Edit: I set pre allocation to 256

Posted using Tapatalk

Comment

Can i do it in tronsmart ara iz37 tv box? how do I go to bios?

Comment

Ok I find it and ther is no change, the video strugelling, the tv box very hot, is ther any things to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X