Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated my Pipo X7 to Win 10, I did a factory reset, installed all the updates including silverlight, changed preallocation in bios to 256, did all the possible heat modding and tweaked performance settings in Windows and tried IE+mozilla+chrome, but watching netflix at any resolution is still acompanied by 5 seconds stuttering every 3-4-5 min or so with picture freezing while the sound continues to play. Its not that big of a problem when watching 40-50 min episodes with around 10-15 interruptions, but trying to see a two hours movie gets really tiredsome, I have the same problems in streaming applications such as Freefilm or Freeflix 10 which apparently use silverlight. Still, Popcorntime with its own player works flawlessly, which leads me to belive its not a hardware issue since my Pipo X7 is able to download 1080p torrents with 5MB/s and play them in real time in Popcorntime, VLC and WM clasic. Its most likely a software issue caused by Microsoft/Intel ant it concerns the streaming/codecs/drivers components. Up until yesterday for example the Netflix app was pulled from Microsoft Store due to streaming problems for which the guys from Netflix say they arențt at fault for the bad coding/streaming capabilities of Windows 10.

Comment

I also have problem streaming on The web after updating to win10

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same problem but i can't find where to enable the gfx boost. I only see the dvmt total gfx mem that it has 256mb as default. Note that i have a minix z64, but it has the z3735f as the pipo so I suppose that the solution should be the same. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

So I decided to test watching Netflix on Windows 10 in Edge vs Firefox vs Chrome vs Neflix app.
          On Edge I get stuttering every 4-5 minutes or so for several seconds, with the sound playing and the image freezing, while the process is using about 200MB RAM memory. The same keeps happening in Firefox and Netflix app but with RAM consumption between 150 and 200MB RAM, a bit lower for the Netflix app.
          Finally, Chrome works without problems and its the first time in 6 months I havent had stuttering, while RAM consumption is around 100MB. I hope I dont jinx it by saying but it seems Chrome is the best source for watching Netflix in Windows 10 on Pipo X7.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkComy View Post
            Finally, Chrome works without problems and its the first time in 6 months I havent had stuttering, while RAM consumption is around 100MB. I hope I dont jinx it by saying but it seems Chrome is the best source for watching Netflix in Windows 10 on Pipo X7.
            Hi, and thanks for your insight. I recently got my Pipo X7S and immediately installed Windows 10. After fixing some issues with the graphics drivers, things seemed to work fine. But now, after a few days of use, I have the same issue as you: Streaming video in the Netflix Windows app has it hanging/freezing for a few seconds every ~10-15 minutes, with audio and subtitles continuing to play.

I have already installed a big thermal pad and increased RAM allocation for graphics to 128 MB. I was thinking the issue could have been me trying to play Netflix via a VPN, but if you have the same issue that may not be it. Did video work for you in the Netflix app before on Windows 8 without freezing?

I do not really want to resort to Chrome, because if I understand correctly, only the Windows app will allow me to bit-stream Dolby 5.1 to my receiver. If you say that it worked for you on Win 8, I may try to downgrade...

Comment

Working...
            X