Full screen scaling with low resolutiuon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full screen scaling with low resolutiuon

It is no problems if you are using native reolution (like 1920x1080). But if you want to use low resolution 1280x720 for games there is no options to scale it to full screen.

There are many messages about that bug at Intel forums, but no solutions.

Are there any method to enable scaling?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1920x1080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	440134Click image for larger version

Name:	1360x768.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	440135

Bug? Isn't your TV/monitor having an option to display whatever signal it receives to full screen?

From what I understand, you want PiPo X7 to use a 720p image internally, and interpolate it to a 1080p image before output, thus transmitting an interpolated 1080p signal? Or is it that a 720p image is being anyway transmitted as a full 1080p signal having a black border around? These two cases are completely different.

Edit: (after doing some related research)

I do not really consider this case as a bug, but here is how it goes:

While using "normal" non native resolutions, like 800x600 or 1024x768, it seems like the Intel HD driver does not scale the output signal, so the displayed image is actually 1:1 pixel mapped and does not cover the full monitor screen, with the image being small and having black borders all around. On the other hand, while using "non normal" resolutions, like 1280x768, it seems like the Intel HD driver scales the output signal to the monitor's native resolution. Beware, that this can be monitor related, not driver related. That full screen resolution conversion may happen in the monitor's internal circuits upon receiving a non supported resolution. Also, some cheap monitors do not have the capability to display non standard resolutions, so the screen remains black.

The problem of some users is that they want the display driver to always enforce full screen resolution conversion automatically, and enjoy a full screen image, without changing any monitor or driver settings. That case can be true by using a corresponding setting in the Intel HD driver for all Windows versions prior to 8.1, where some undocumented change that alters this behaviour was introduced by Microsoft.

I guess this could be considered as a problem only by users that are frequently changing resolutions while playing older games. If you just want to use a 720p resolution permanently, you can anyway adjust your monitor to full screen, not caring about how the driver works.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Last edited by loko; 02-18-2015, 01:36.

Comment

Hi,

Rather than changing the resolution, just increase the display scaling. Go into Control panel > appearance and personalization > display and then increase it to something like 150%.

Comment

I have the same problem. In intel control panel there is an option to solve this, but i can't open the control panel.

The pipo x7 is perfectly capable to stretch resolutions like 800x600, you can see this easily if you put manually yor desktop resolution to 800x600 60hz and then you right click on desktop, go to graphic options, and then on the first option you check mantain screen ratio.

Sorry if the name of the options are not exact. I have my windows in spanish language.

Another resolutions as 640x480 will stretch perfectly automatically.

Comment

Working...
        X