Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem after deleting the recovery partition.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem after deleting the recovery partition.....

Well, first of all, excuse me if my English is not too good..... I'm trying to explain my problem.

Yesterday I received my Pipo X7, so after installing VLC and Mozilla Firefox, and updating Windows, I put in a pendrive in order to make a recovery disk.

After that, I delete the recovery partition, but I use to do it "easeus partition master". After that, a blue screen appeared "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and after that, my Pipo shutdown.....

Now, when I switch on, the red led light appears, but for only one minute, and i don't have image through the hdmi output......

I thing that my Pipo is not dead, because if I switch on the Pipo, and I push delete, I think that I enter the Bios, because the red led light doesn't turn off, so I think that the problem is that I don't have Video Output.

The USB ports are working, because if I put a pendrive, its light turn on.

Any idea about how to solve the problem??? Thanks a lot in advance

This afternoon I will try again in another TV......

Your device seems to be fine. The recovery partition cannot be removed if you want to use the provided Windows 8.1 installation, so you have to restore it. To be able to boot your device properly, you must find a TV that is compatible with the BIOS video output resolution, navigate through BIOS and select to boot from an external USB disk. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IN THE BIOS!!! THE DEVICE IS PRONE TO BRICKING!!!

Download the Ubuntu USB image that linuxium has provided and follow the instructions.

Comment

Thank you so mucho loko.

I will try it this afternoon, although I don't know if any of my tvs could support the resolution of the Bios.....

Anyway.... could I do the same but with a Windows Usb Image??

I have a copy of the recovery partition in a Usb Pendrive, I don't know if I can use it for anything.....

Comment

Many branded Full HD models support all resolutions. On the other hand, HD Ready models usually do not so. You may have to visit a friend or relative to use his TV.

Try booting Ubuntu, if you have an appropriate image, you can write back the contents of the recovery partition using dd. Just be very careful to write it to the right partition.

Comment

Hi albmart! My Pipo has yet shipped. Read forum, read about your problem.
          I really hope that you get something with TV. But. If unfortunately nothing will not work with resolutions, and you won't have any options, you can try a crazy method.
          If you can really get into the BIOS (as it looks, right?), you can ask any of the owners X7 so that they describe the sequence of keystrokes, BIOS commands(arrows, enter, F10, etc.) that will lead to select to boot from an external USB disk. And then you can repeat their actions blindly! It would be better if you get two same algorithms from different guys. This is a very big risk, use it only as a last resort please.
          And of course, you need to think about what to do next. Booting some image blind again? Some Rescue Disk? Once again, I ask, use this insane idea only if there will be no more ways. PLEASE!
          With best wishes!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers!

I didn't have too much time today (so I didn't try the solution of Loko), so I did a fast test, and I have good news.

I tried to connect Pipo in my bedroom Full HD tv (without brand) and it works! (I don't have video connecting it in my Samsung Full HD).

When I connect Pipo, appears this screen:

If I push the windows key on the keyboard (to access the configuration of the UEFI firmware) I can access into the Bios, and I change this, to boot from the USB.

So i put the USB pendrive with my recovery disk that I made yesterday, I save changes, and when the Pipo reboot...... this appears:

I can speak English, but not Chinesse so......

What do u recomend me??

Should I continue with this method (I think that I can find the translation of the menus), or should I try the solution that loko told me before??

Thanks a lot for everything!

Comment

RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks, I will try this method this afternoon.

Comment

I need your help please.....

I though that with the recovery disk, I will be able to recover my Pipo X7.... but I don't know how to do it....

1- If I switch on my Pipo without USB pendrive this appears (I don't know if that is because I change the boot in the bios, and I don't put a USB)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150305_201935737.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	437341

2- I change the language of my recovery disk to English

3- I boot with the USB, and this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200728712.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	437342

4- I select Troubleshooting, and this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200805184.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	437343

5a- If I select Refresh your Pc, this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200822928.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	437344

5b- And if I select Reset your PC this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200915917.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	437345

6- But I can't do anything, because I can't choose the second option because I am using a recovery disk, and if I choose the first one this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200943744.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	437348

First time I tried this, first this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200126660.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	437347

And after a long time this appears:

Name:	IMG_20150305_200417957.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	437346

What can I do now??

I think that the problem is that the partition is not right.... but I don't know how to solve it..... perhaps in the shell in advanced options???

Name:	IMG_20150305_200835760.jpg
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	437349

Perhaps with this??

Can anyone help me please?? With a Dummies guide it would be great, because I don't know how to repair partitions using the shell.....

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

Maybe you should also try this:

Hi, glad to share PIPO X7 TV box firmware, please check below information: Download link:  PIPO X7 tv box Latest Firmware Password: geekbuying.com After flash your Pipo X7 successfully, you may need to change the system langage from Chinese to Enilish, please check this blog: How to change system language from Chinese to English in […]

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                      Is that going to work? I don't want to brick my Pipo.... Im scared....

or how can I restore the recovery partition using the Ubuntu image of linuxium?
                      Last edited by albmart; 03-05-2015, 22:16.

Comment

Can anyone more give me a solution??

(thanks loko for yours, but I prefer to wait just in case there will be an easiest solution)

Comment

Then maybe it will be easier to reinstall windows ?

So to speak from scratch?

Comment

Is there a valid ISO available in the net to reinstall Win 8.1 with Bing???

Thanks

Comment

Do you really so attached to Bing? You can install the ordinary Windows(8 or 8.1, even 10), although I have seen in the net and with Bing too.

Comment

Working...
                              X