Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I delete the recovery partition to get 5 gbs more???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I delete the recovery partition to get 5 gbs more???

That is my question.....

I tried it, but I had problems, perhaps because I used easeus partition Master to delete it (before doing that, I made a recovery disk in a USB pendrive).

I think it would be very interesting to get 5 extra gbs.....

Originally posted by albmart View Post
    That is my question.....

I tried it, but I had problems, perhaps because I used easeus partition Master to delete it (before doing that, I made a recovery disk in a USB pendrive).

I think it would be very interesting to get 5 extra gbs.....
    Not if you using the factory Bing version of windows, someone reported that it would not boot after he removed that partition.
    Last edited by lifeisfun; 03-05-2015, 17:22.

Comment

Yes you can, but you will not be able to use the factory Windows 8.1 installation, since it is somehow linked to it.

Actually, it has nothing to do with Windows being the Bing version, it is just because the factory configured the installation this way.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
        Yes you can, but you will not be able to use the factory Windows 8.1 installation, since it is somehow linked to it.

Actually, it has nothing to do with Windows being the Bing version, it is just because the factory configured the installation this way.
        This is the way Microsoft has designed WIMBoot installation. Install.wim, winre.wim, custom.wim compressed files are stored in the "Images" partition. DISM creates pointers in Windows system partition to files within install.wim. You certainly can do the standard installation at the cost of disk space.

Comment

Working...
        X