Pipo X7 non stop running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X7 non stop running

I am proud to be an owner of this little beast and I have few questions about non stop running of Pipo X7.
    Does anyone know what is the power consumption on daily basis if the device wil be running 24/7?
    And what modifications/customisation I have to do so Pipo X7 will run without any problem. Some power plan options, cuatomisation in control panel, etc...
    I would like to access to Pipo X7 desktop from outside of my home network (with teamviewer).

Originally posted by kolibri View Post
    I am proud to be an owner of this little beast and I have few questions about non stop running of Pipo X7.
    Does anyone know what is the power consumption on daily basis if the device wil be running 24/7?
    And what modifications/customisation I have to do so Pipo X7 will run without any problem. Some power plan options, cuatomisation in control panel, etc...
    I would like to access to Pipo X7 desktop from outside of my home network (with teamviewer).

1- please make a thermal modding to avoid over heating that all of us have to maximize the device life time.
    2- you can use the trick to enable remote desktop for better remote accessing your device remotely.
    3- you can use Don't sleep application to avoid your LAN adapter from going in sleep mode as power settings not effective here!
    4- as far i many user report that if HDMI disconnected from TV/screen the LAN will disconnect after small time.
    5- i have no power usage tool to test the consumption ? but i think not too much

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
      2- you can use the trick to enable remote desktop for better remote accessing your device remotely.
      What is that trick?

Comment

Originally posted by kgian76 View Post
        What is that trick?
        here is the post of Useless with video and link , i used the same to enable RDP in my Pipo X7

Comment

My pipo gave me a blue screen with a sad face and an error like "bad pool header" something like that and restarted.
          Did anyone have the same issue?
          I was setting up the box and tried to run a youtube video when it suddenly crashed.

Comment

Mine has had some serious gaming sessions and has yet to crash...

Comment

I want to know if it's a hardware problem,so that i will sent it back to Gearbeast.

Comment

I ordered today blue thermal pad mentioned on Heatsink modding topic. This is first step to prepare Pipo for long time running.

Comment

I ordered today blue thermal pad mentioned on Heatsink modding topic. This is first step to prepare Pipo for long time running.
                  that's good as it's the Key component to drop the high Temp of pipo
                  any other thins is just helping but not solving the problem

Comment

Can I just put another half of thermal pad (because I will obviously cut it in two peaces) on above side of board where is proc and ram chips? Will there be use of it?

Comment

No it will only pass heat

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                        1- please make a thermal modding to avoid over heating that all of us have to maximize the device life time.
                        3- you can use Don't sleep application to avoid your LAN adapter from going in sleep mode as power settings not effective here!
                        4- as far i many user report that if HDMI disconnected from TV/screen the LAN will disconnect after small time.
                        5- i have no power usage tool to test the consumption ? but i think not too much
                        A whole myriad of problems on the PIPO X7 can be fixed by modifying Power Options.
                        However, per default, and because the hardware fully supports Connected Standby Mode, only very few power options are immediately available via the Control Panel/Power Options applet.

To make the full range of settings available, proceed as follows:

1. Run regedit.exe and locate the following Registry value:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnab led

2. Set that value to 0 and then shutdown the machine.

3. Power-cycle the machine if necessary.

Once it's running again, the full range of Power Options will then be available and you can set things up as needed.
                        Last edited by darfnix; 03-21-2015, 18:11. Reason: Minor correction

Comment

PiPO X7 Power usage

I've got my PiPO X7 attached to a power meter at the moment and it is using 7 Watts.
                          When I open a web page, usage goes up to around 10 Watts. While playing a media file, usage is also around 10 Watts.

That would mean you could run it for at least 100 hours before it has consumed 1 kWh.
                          Last edited by darfnix; 03-21-2015, 03:58. Reason: Minor correction

Comment

Originally posted by darfnix View Post
                            I've got my PiPO X7 attached to a power meter at the moment and it is using 7 Watts.
                            When I open a web page, usage goes up to around 10 Watts. While playing a media file, usage is also around 10 Watts.

That would mean you could run it for at least 100 hours before it has consumed 1 kWh.
                            Mine uses 4W at idle and 7W playing HD video with Linux with USB sound and an old keyboard. Power supply is a Goobay NTS 2250 EuP. Quite impressive, IMO. Also I don'd have issues with temperature. Current temperature is about 60°C. MIPS Creator CI20 uses 3W independently whether it's idle or at load.

Comment

sorry. pls delete
                              Last edited by siulee; 12-11-2015, 06:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X