Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow ethernet

HI

I am running KODI on my Pipo x7 machine.
    I have my blue-rays ripped, and stored on a network drive. The pipo is connected though Ethernet.

The bigger movies (10- 20gb) are buffering every other minute.

My old htpc had no problem when connected to the same cable.

So whats the problem? Is the pipos Ethernet that slow? Is there something I can do in the kodi setup?

Tanks.

Try to optimise the advancedsettings.xml
    e.g. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post213141
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Also you must know the Ethernet Port of the X7 is connected via USB.
      Means you get at max USB Speed.

Comment

Hi i wonder why do not use a usb to ethernet adapter ?

Maybe the ethernet connection on the Pipo is not optimal.
        Could it be a good solution ?
        Thanks
        With the kindest regards, geppo

Comment

The build in usb2eth (dm9621a) doesn't seems to be one of the fastest
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            The build in usb2eth (dm9621a) doesn't seems to be one of the fastest
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post278429
            Hi and thanks for the link
            Just to say that now with GPX boost enable also the wired connection works very nicely. No more choppy video.
            Before was just unacceptable. Very remarkable improvements.
            At the speed test i get the same speed as with the more powerful pc (i5; 8 GB RAM).
            Only the Ping is slightly higher with the Pipo but download speed is the same (i do not have a Gigabit ethernet on my bigger pc either).

However I will try again with "GPX boost" disabled this evening leaving only the 256 MB memory reserved for the video. Maybe it will work just fine as well.
            Thanks again.
            Last edited by geppetto61; 03-16-2015, 12:28.
            With the kindest regards, geppo

Comment

Working...
            X