X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robertnl
    replied
    Geekbuying shared new firmware:
    Hi, here to share the upgrade firmware of Pipo X7S. Please download the three RAR files in a floder, include Windows OS and Android OS, before you upgrade the mini pc, please read the Pipo X7S upgrade guide first. Download link: Part1: PIPO X7S Intel Z3736F Mini PC Upgrade Firmware .part1 Part2: PIPO X7S Intel […]

No clue how to install (yet). From PIPO i only got the Gapps (which you can't install due to no root).

Leave a comment:

• alwaysbless
    replied
    Originally posted by slacker78 View Post
    I just got my X7S today and it has the Playstore installed.

What a mess, I emailed them a week and a half ago trying to get a working firmware and their responses were less then adequate. I had heard due to legal reasons that microsoft doesnt allow other app stores to be preinstalled on the same device as a windows 8.1 w/ bing license so not sure if shipping with playstore is good or bad news for buyers but at least its no longer half assed.

Leave a comment:

• slacker78
    replied
    I just got my X7S today and it has the Playstore installed.

Leave a comment:

• rfwagner
    replied
    Originally posted by alwaysbless

No its not preinstalled, its basically useless unless you sideload apps with adb which is not a viable solution for most. Since geekbuying failed to bring this to the attention of pre-order buyers I opened a claim with paypal to get my $ back for the one I received.
    Check this out

Leave a comment:

• alwaysbless
    replied
    Originally posted by Cypher View Post
    Is Playstore preinstalled on the stock Android Rom?

No its not preinstalled, its basically useless unless you sideload apps with adb which is not a viable solution for most. Since geekbuying failed to bring this to the attention of pre-order buyers I opened a claim with paypal to get my $ back for the one I received.

Leave a comment:

• rfwagner
    replied
    I read that it's not pre-installed, and don't have root yet

Leave a comment:

• Cypher
    replied
    Is Playstore preinstalled on the stock Android Rom?

Leave a comment:

• alwaysbless
    replied
    Has anyone gotten the Play store working on the X7S yet? Ive been trying here and there for the past few days with no luck so far.

Leave a comment:

• smokie171
    replied
    It does boot on pipo x7. I will have to play with it tomorrow. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• linuxium
    replied
    Originally posted by mongkok View Post
    Great stuff. And you got the Play Store pre-installed which is much better than the official X7S. Does the wireless work on Pipo X7? Would it even work on Windows tablet?

Unfortunately I don't have a Pipo X7 so I need someone else to test and reply on their findings.

Leave a comment:

• linuxium
    replied
    Originally posted by smokie171 View Post

Can you please upload the iso again. I am getting an error on winzip about 45 seconds into unzipping. Thanks for the iso, this will be great if it will work on my pipo.

I've just checked by downloading and uncompressing it and do not have any problem. Maybe your download got corrupted and you need to re-download? And just FYI I use 7zip on Windows from http://www.7-zip.org/ to uncompress files.

Leave a comment:

• mongkok
    replied
    Great stuff. And you got the Play Store pre-installed which is much better than the official X7S. Does the wireless work on Pipo X7? Would it even work on Windows tablet?

Leave a comment:

• smokie171
    replied
    Can you please upload the iso again. I am getting an error on winzip about 45 seconds into unzipping. Thanks for the iso, this will be great if it will work on my pipo.

Leave a comment:

• linuxium
    replied
    Originally posted by mongkok View Post
    I'm interested in getting the Pipo for my table display as it seems to be the most popular Wintel box and seems to be quite capable. My table is currently driven by an RK3188 based Android Stick. Wi-Fi is very poor and the stick would shutdown after half an hour or so. It would be nice to have the X7s which can dual boot. After reading the review, I am not impressed by the Android side of Pipo. Not to mention having even less disk space with Android installed.

Besides getting the X7s, are there other ways of dual booting the Android with just X7? Say, having a copy of the Android running on a fast USB stick or SD card? That would solve the disk space problem as well.

You could try this https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/3wER8pb7WLJ ... demo video here https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/Qj3UbcGcSUx

Leave a comment:

• linuxium
    replied
    Nothing to see here ... move along please!
    Last edited by linuxium; 04-29-2015, 06:10. Reason: I posted a reply to the wrong message

Leave a comment:

Working...
X