Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mongkok
    replied
    I'm interested in getting the Pipo for my table display as it seems to be the most popular Wintel box and seems to be quite capable. My table is currently driven by an RK3188 based Android Stick. Wi-Fi is very poor and the stick would shutdown after half an hour or so. It would be nice to have the X7s which can dual boot. After reading the review, I am not impressed by the Android side of Pipo. Not to mention having even less disk space with Android installed.

Besides getting the X7s, are there other ways of dual booting the Android with just X7? Say, having a copy of the Android running on a fast USB stick or SD card? That would solve the disk space problem as well.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
    eMMC is not ROM. You do not need backup eMMC in most case because you can use original Pipo recovery USB to restore factory partition table and Windows system. You may use any Windows 8.1 x86 distribution to clean install system. eMMC is eMMC, ROM is ROM. eMMC is just internal storage, you may fully delete it and recover easly.
    Yes, you are right, but I don't talk about rom, I talk about a full backup of the actual system with all your settings, installed applications and documents, which means the emmc except the spi (bios (settings))...

Leave a comment:

• oversx
    replied
    BIOS chip dismantle hot air
    Soldered BIOS Repair,Lenovo BIOS Chip Reval and Refit using hot air station

and programmed in external programmer
    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Leave a comment:

• Kyrie
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    [FONT=verdana]OK, a little bit late, but of course you should do a backup of the whole emmc before you do something like this...
    eMMC is not ROM. You do not need backup eMMC in most case because you can use original Pipo recovery USB to restore factory partition table and Windows system. You may use any Windows 8.1 x86 distribution to clean install system. eMMC is eMMC, ROM is ROM. eMMC is just internal storage, you may fully delete it and recover easly.

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    [FONT=verdana]But it is able to boot at USB device via
    No, it could not boot from any USB devices and enter EFI shell. It was died already, and do not turn on.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
    ... I can get to EFI, but EFI does not work, and I can not boot device to OS. So, do not flash X7S bios to X7 .
    But it is able to boot at USB device via
    [Save & Exit] and go to "Boot Override" and select your USB device
    or
    [Boot] and the "Boot Option Priorities"
    ?
    If yes, I think you can unblick it with the rom you will find at http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ation-problem/
    Create a bootable USB with these options at Rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/
    - [MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers]
    - File system -> FAT32
    - Volume Label -> WinPE
    - Unckecked "Create a bootable disk using"

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    OK, a little bit late, but of course you should do a backup of the whole emmc before you do something like this...
    e.g. using http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...he-NiTRo-TeaM=
    => but I prefer the manually way http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...568#post490568
    or http://clonezilla.org/ etc.

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Sorry to hear about that you went to uncharted waters but what the heck if there wasn't some bold people then we wouldn't get so far, i hope that you get it back and working somehow thanks for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• smokie171
    replied
    Well that sucks. I feel bad for you. I guess you took one for the team. Keep us posted on any developments. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Kyrie
    replied
    I have flashed Pipo X7S to X7 via EFI shell (Windows flash method did not work "bb - Error: Rom image layout detected RomHole is redesigned"). I got error message and the end of flashing process. And my Pipo X7 now bricked. I can get to EFI, but EFI does not work, and I can not boot device to OS. So, do not flash X7S bios to X7 .

Leave a comment:

• Grim13
    replied
    Are there owners already?
    Most interesting thing for me is cooling system. Who knows, maybe... )

Leave a comment:

• Kyrie
    replied
    Ok, go to Pipo X7 firmware link — http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Ab...an_show&id=255. It will follow you to Baidu hosting. It is Pipo X7 firmware. Now press on nick "longliuyanglin" (Pipo share all it staff by that nickname) and you will see all stuff and X7S folder with 8 parts of rar archive. Baidu is very slow for non China. I have download it. If anyone want I can give Google Drive link in PM.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	494198

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    You are OK to post a link to a MANUFACTURER site. No personal download links it has to go to Pipo site or Minix etc. Then it is up to the manufacturer to deal with the issue. So if PIPO has an official link, OK to post it. But no links to a DOWNLOAD site that is not from the manufacturer.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied

and of course it also means recovery (btw: minix have a problem with its recovery.-medium (not the partition) and they don't release any image since weeks and I think/maybe they know why they don't do it (they talk about it, but nothing happens yet))...

Leave a comment:

• Kyrie
    replied
    Pipo posted archive for Pipo X7S. It have dual boot bios and flash utility, Windows recovery image (to restore recovery partition) and Android system. May I post the link here? May be someone sort out how to use Android image.

Leave a comment:

• alwaysbless
    replied
    Be aware guys - even if you placed an order the first week of pre-orders they are having severe delays with the sending when they say they would (again) -
    Dear sir

Thanks for your order l.here we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    we have postponed the shipping of your parcel,but the item (X7s )is very popular and we couldn't meet all the requires now.
    The factory may need more time for quality testing and ensuring the product can work prefect. We would appreciate if you can understand this situation.
    Would you mind choosing the Sliver color ?
    Because we can get more numbers about this color.
    anyway if you have any opinion of it , please feel free to contact us .
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Nice day
    Dora

----

This is almost word for word the exact same response i got after ordering the regular pipo x7 so its pretty bad news to see again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X