New dual boot pipo x7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New dual boot pipo x7

Pipo X7 Bay Trail-T mini PC was very popular at the beginning at it sold with an apparently valid Windows 8.1 license for $90, even including one-year

China-1 Stock | Buy PIPO X7s X7 Dual Boot Intel Mini PC Windows 8.1 & Android 4.4 Intel Z3736F Quad Core 2G RAM 32G ROM WiFi Bluetooth - Golden online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Seems there is a new version of Pipo released with dual boot firmware and gangsta color...

New dual boot pipo x7s

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/PIPO-...en-343087.html

Mine is on the way :-) so expect a review soon.

Pipo have now got a dual boot 7x i wonder if its going to be as popular as the last x7 witch is a rely good windows tv box so a dual boot system will be the best of both worlds.Not so sure about the colour may be that will be my first mod to spray it black.

It comes with office as did the last one & the Specification looks more or less the same but with the extra addition of android.Cant wait to get my hands on this.

Specification

General
    Brand PIPO
    Model X7S
    Color Golden
    Material Aluminum

System
    Operating System Windows 8.1 with Bing & & Android 4.4
    CPU Quad Core Intel Z3736F Base Frequency: 1.33 GHz; Burst Frequency: 2.16 GHz
    GPU Intel HD Graphics
    RAM DDR3 2GB
    ROM Nand fast flash 32GB
    Extended Storage T-FLASH(Support 64G MAX)

Communication
    Wifi Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n, Fast Ethernet
    Ethernet 10 / 100M
    Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
    Camera N/A

Media
    Video Supported AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG
    Audio Supported FLAC/APE/WAV
    Picture Supported JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF

Interfaces
    HDMI Port Standard HDMI female, support up to 1080p
    Other Interfaces 4 x USB; 1 x RJ45 LAN Port, Fast Ethernet;1 x Micro SD card slot;1 x Earphone jack

Other Features
    3G N/A
    Other Function Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
    Ebook: WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML
    Power 12V/2A
    Dimension & Weight (Main Product)
    Dimension 188 x 150 x 24mm
    Weight 390g

Geekbuying Unboxing video
    Last edited by blinkone; 03-28-2015, 09:53.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by kgian76 View Post
      http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/03/...d-4-4-for-130/

China-1 Stock | Buy PIPO X7s X7 Dual Boot Intel Mini PC Windows 8.1 & Android 4.4 Intel Z3736F Quad Core 2G RAM 32G ROM WiFi Bluetooth - Golden online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Seems there is a new version of Pipo released with dual boot firmware and gangsta color...
      *Haha* Fugly!

Comment

But wondering about the 32GB eMMC... I thought they will use 64GB at the dual boot version (because 32GB is really low for dual boot)... BUT we/you will get an Android which is able to boot from the 32bit BIOS/UEFI (because of Windows I don't think they are using 64bit BIOS/UEFI)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

And for the customers that bought, and support Pipo with the previous Pipo X7 no update with dual boot?

Comment

This is a great add to the PipoX7.

Here for a few years now have been playing with some modded Openpeak devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	openpeak2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	437565

These were Atom dual core tabletop capacitance touchscreens which came out way before their time (2009). They are EFI booting devices and today I have them booting into embedded Windows, Ubuntu 14.04, Android. I use them mostly for automation but also have some running XBMCBuntu streaming live TV, Squeezebox, et al. Intel designed motherboards included DECT chips, Zigbee chips, SIM card slot, SD card slot, ZIF PATA port, MMC drive chips, Wireless, GB port, minipcie and bluetooth. Mostly just a brick though unless you know about modifying them. These were sold as telco boxes, utility energy boxes (fancy thermostat control) and small internet kiosks.

Comment

I hope we can use his software to upgrade our current model

Comment

Really it would be just the Android add to our PipoX7 boxes but provided by vendor.

Documentation of a triple booting PipoX7 to Ubuntu, Windows 8.1 and Android all fitted on the 32Gb MMC has already been done. A working add of an Android OS would be just a clip and paste into a partition on the 32Gb MMC card and a simple modification to the boot EFI.

I am more curious if the BIOS is a bit different or using more features. Probably doesn't need any changes for running Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Petee View Post
                  Really it would be just the Android add to our PipoX7 boxes but provided by vendor.

Documentation of a triple booting PipoX7 to Ubuntu, Windows 8.1 and Android all fitted on the 32Gb MMC has already been done. A working add of an Android OS would be just a clip and paste into a partition on the 32Gb MMC card and a simple modification to the boot EFI.

I am more curious if the BIOS is a bit different or using more features. Probably doesn't need any changes for running Android.
                  THat is my question too. I bet this box has identical hardware with a different bios file flashed to bios chip and a different color (gold is such a bad choice btw). I remember reading a posting from geekbuying discussing that they would soon be releasing the files to dual boot the voyo mini pc but I dont think they ever did so that makes it seem like we should possible that wed be able to convert ours somehow so long as the right files were obtained. Hopefully there is a refresh with 64gb and same dual booting os from another manufacturer soon.
                  Last edited by alwaysbless; 03-28-2015, 00:10.

Comment

Unless pipo has decided to include a thermal pad and a proper heat sink I would take a pass on this one

Comment

Pipo should provide Old users with Pipo X7 with the FW to enable the official Dual boot to ,as i can see the HW spec is identical
                      but we will know that when users start receiving there devices

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                        Pipo should provide Old users with Pipo X7 with the FW to enable the official Dual boot to ,as i can see the HW spec is identical
                        but we will know that when users start receiving there devices
                        Minix has given out there FW to their owners, hopefully Pipo follows there lead.

Comment

Anyone here whose placed an order gotten a shipping notice yet? I just checked the lead time on the site again and it looks like its been pushed back a few days

Comment

Be aware guys - even if you placed an order the first week of pre-orders they are having severe delays with the sending when they say they would (again) -
                            Dear sir

Thanks for your order l.here we are sorry for the inconvenience.
                            we have postponed the shipping of your parcel,but the item (X7s )is very popular and we couldn't meet all the requires now.
                            The factory may need more time for quality testing and ensuring the product can work prefect. We would appreciate if you can understand this situation.
                            Would you mind choosing the Sliver color ?
                            Because we can get more numbers about this color.
                            anyway if you have any opinion of it , please feel free to contact us .
                            We apologize for the inconvenience.

Nice day
                            Dora

----

This is almost word for word the exact same response i got after ordering the regular pipo x7 so its pretty bad news to see again.

Comment

Pipo posted archive for Pipo X7S. It have dual boot bios and flash utility, Windows recovery image (to restore recovery partition) and Android system. May I post the link here? May be someone sort out how to use Android image.

Comment

Working...
                              X