No announcement yet.

New dual boot pipo x7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and of course it also means recovery (btw: minix have a problem with its recovery.-medium (not the partition) and they don't release any image since weeks and I think/maybe they know why they don't do it (they talk about it, but nothing happens yet))...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You are OK to post a link to a MANUFACTURER site. No personal download links it has to go to Pipo site or Minix etc. Then it is up to the manufacturer to deal with the issue. So if PIPO has an official link, OK to post it. But no links to a DOWNLOAD site that is not from the manufacturer.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ok, go to Pipo X7 firmware link — http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Ab...an_show&id=255. It will follow you to Baidu hosting. It is Pipo X7 firmware. Now press on nick "longliuyanglin" (Pipo share all it staff by that nickname) and you will see all stuff and X7S folder with 8 parts of rar archive. Baidu is very slow for non China. I have download it. If anyone want I can give Google Drive link in PM.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	494198

Comment

Are there owners already?
          Most interesting thing for me is cooling system. Who knows, maybe... )

Comment

I have flashed Pipo X7S to X7 via EFI shell (Windows flash method did not work "bb - Error: Rom image layout detected RomHole is redesigned"). I got error message and the end of flashing process. And my Pipo X7 now bricked. I can get to EFI, but EFI does not work, and I can not boot device to OS. So, do not flash X7S bios to X7 .

Comment

Well that sucks. I feel bad for you. I guess you took one for the team. Keep us posted on any developments. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that you went to uncharted waters but what the heck if there wasn't some bold people then we wouldn't get so far, i hope that you get it back and working somehow thanks for letting us know.

Comment

OK, a little bit late, but of course you should do a backup of the whole emmc before you do something like this...
                  e.g. using http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...he-NiTRo-TeaM=
                  => but I prefer the manually way http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...568#post490568
                  or http://clonezilla.org/ etc.

RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
                    ... I can get to EFI, but EFI does not work, and I can not boot device to OS. So, do not flash X7S bios to X7 .
                    But it is able to boot at USB device via
                    [Save & Exit] and go to "Boot Override" and select your USB device
                    or
                    [Boot] and the "Boot Option Priorities"
                    ?
                    If yes, I think you can unblick it with the rom you will find at http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ation-problem/
                    Create a bootable USB with these options at Rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/
                    - [MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers]
                    - File system -> FAT32
                    - Volume Label -> WinPE
                    - Unckecked "Create a bootable disk using"

RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      [FONT=verdana]OK, a little bit late, but of course you should do a backup of the whole emmc before you do something like this...
                      eMMC is not ROM. You do not need backup eMMC in most case because you can use original Pipo recovery USB to restore factory partition table and Windows system. You may use any Windows 8.1 x86 distribution to clean install system. eMMC is eMMC, ROM is ROM. eMMC is just internal storage, you may fully delete it and recover easly.

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      [FONT=verdana]But it is able to boot at USB device via
                      No, it could not boot from any USB devices and enter EFI shell. It was died already, and do not turn on.

Comment

BIOS chip dismantle hot air
                        Soldered BIOS Repair,Lenovo BIOS Chip Reval and Refit using hot air station

and programmed in external programmer
                        Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
                          eMMC is not ROM. You do not need backup eMMC in most case because you can use original Pipo recovery USB to restore factory partition table and Windows system. You may use any Windows 8.1 x86 distribution to clean install system. eMMC is eMMC, ROM is ROM. eMMC is just internal storage, you may fully delete it and recover easly.
                          Yes, you are right, but I don't talk about rom, I talk about a full backup of the actual system with all your settings, installed applications and documents, which means the emmc except the spi (bios (settings))...

RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I'm interested in getting the Pipo for my table display as it seems to be the most popular Wintel box and seems to be quite capable. My table is currently driven by an RK3188 based Android Stick. Wi-Fi is very poor and the stick would shutdown after half an hour or so. It would be nice to have the X7s which can dual boot. After reading the review, I am not impressed by the Android side of Pipo. Not to mention having even less disk space with Android installed.

Besides getting the X7s, are there other ways of dual booting the Android with just X7? Say, having a copy of the Android running on a fast USB stick or SD card? That would solve the disk space problem as well.

Comment

Nothing to see here ... move along please!
                              Last edited by linuxium; 04-29-2015, 06:10. Reason: I posted a reply to the wrong message

Comment

Originally posted by mongkok View Post
                                I'm interested in getting the Pipo for my table display as it seems to be the most popular Wintel box and seems to be quite capable. My table is currently driven by an RK3188 based Android Stick. Wi-Fi is very poor and the stick would shutdown after half an hour or so. It would be nice to have the X7s which can dual boot. After reading the review, I am not impressed by the Android side of Pipo. Not to mention having even less disk space with Android installed.

Besides getting the X7s, are there other ways of dual booting the Android with just X7? Say, having a copy of the Android running on a fast USB stick or SD card? That would solve the disk space problem as well.

You could try this https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/3wER8pb7WLJ ... demo video here https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/Qj3UbcGcSUx

Comment

Working...
                                X