No announcement yet.

New dual boot pipo x7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you please upload the iso again. I am getting an error on winzip about 45 seconds into unzipping. Thanks for the iso, this will be great if it will work on my pipo.

Comment

Great stuff. And you got the Play Store pre-installed which is much better than the official X7S. Does the wireless work on Pipo X7? Would it even work on Windows tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post

Can you please upload the iso again. I am getting an error on winzip about 45 seconds into unzipping. Thanks for the iso, this will be great if it will work on my pipo.

I've just checked by downloading and uncompressing it and do not have any problem. Maybe your download got corrupted and you need to re-download? And just FYI I use 7zip on Windows from http://www.7-zip.org/ to uncompress files.

Comment

Originally posted by mongkok View Post
          Great stuff. And you got the Play Store pre-installed which is much better than the official X7S. Does the wireless work on Pipo X7? Would it even work on Windows tablet?

Unfortunately I don't have a Pipo X7 so I need someone else to test and reply on their findings.

Comment

It does boot on pipo x7. I will have to play with it tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

Has anyone gotten the Play store working on the X7S yet? Ive been trying here and there for the past few days with no luck so far.

Comment

Is Playstore preinstalled on the stock Android Rom?

Comment

I read that it's not pre-installed, and don't have root yet

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                    Is Playstore preinstalled on the stock Android Rom?

No its not preinstalled, its basically useless unless you sideload apps with adb which is not a viable solution for most. Since geekbuying failed to bring this to the attention of pre-order buyers I opened a claim with paypal to get my $ back for the one I received.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless

No its not preinstalled, its basically useless unless you sideload apps with adb which is not a viable solution for most. Since geekbuying failed to bring this to the attention of pre-order buyers I opened a claim with paypal to get my $ back for the one I received.
                      Check this out

Comment

I just got my X7S today and it has the Playstore installed.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker78 View Post
                          I just got my X7S today and it has the Playstore installed.

What a mess, I emailed them a week and a half ago trying to get a working firmware and their responses were less then adequate. I had heard due to legal reasons that microsoft doesnt allow other app stores to be preinstalled on the same device as a windows 8.1 w/ bing license so not sure if shipping with playstore is good or bad news for buyers but at least its no longer half assed.

Comment

Geekbuying shared new firmware:
                            Hi, here to share the upgrade firmware of Pipo X7S. Please download the three RAR files in a floder, include Windows OS and Android OS, before you upgrade the mini pc, please read the Pipo X7S upgrade guide first. Download link: Part1: PIPO X7S Intel Z3736F Mini PC Upgrade Firmware .part1 Part2: PIPO X7S Intel […]

No clue how to install (yet). From PIPO i only got the Gapps (which you can't install due to no root).

Comment

They have this file http://www.mediafire.com/view/g85d84...ade_Method.doc but I don't understand what they mean by U disk (is the USB pendrive?)

And this Gapps, maybe if you can ask to geekbuying if they can provide info about install it?

Comment

I think "U disk" means any kind of USB storage device. At the doc (http://www.mediafire.com/view/g85d84...ade_Method.doc) they use a SanDisk USB pen.
                                What I don't understand, is it the win8 only (seems so), or also the android (doesn't seems so), and why do you have to (start) install the win from running Android????

RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X