wire into power button with relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire into power button with relay?

Okay so Wake On LAN is a bit of an issue, no one is seemingly able to get it working. I was wondering though if I have an outlet that is controlled via an app that I might be able to wire into the power button a relay to allow me to temporarily turn on the outlet and cause the Pipo to start up. Anyone think this is possible? I might give this a try if I do not hear that its a definite no.

Well, I went ahead and did it. I tested it to make sure it would work first though.

I opened the unit and shorted the two pins for 5 seconds and the unit turned on. As such, I proceeded to solder in two lines. I now have this controlled on a relay on an outlet I can remotely control. Here are some pictures for you all to see a bit about what I did.

This is my work-around to a Wake On LAN function on the Pipo X7. It works and you can do it too. You can easily use a smart outlet through many of the companies coming out with home automation tools. I am using a spare relay on my aquarium controller but the fundamentals are the same.

My wires in place and soldered

Drilled a hole to allow me to get access on the outside to the wires.

Had to redo the right solder point a little as the flow wasnt up to what I wanted. It looked a little better after this photo was taken but I tested everything to work before closing up the unit just to make sure
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by kenman345 View Post
      Well, I went ahead and did it. I tested it to make sure it would work first though.

I opened the unit and shorted the two pins for 5 seconds and the unit turned on. As such, I proceeded to solder in two lines. I now have this controlled on a relay on an outlet I can remotely control. Here are some pictures for you all to see a bit about what I did.

This is my work-around to a Wake On LAN function on the Pipo X7. It works and you can do it too. You can easily use a smart outlet through many of the companies coming out with home automation tools. I am using a spare relay on my aquarium controller but the fundamentals are the same.

My wires in place and soldered

Drilled a hole to allow me to get access on the outside to the wires.

Had to redo the right solder point a little as the flow wasnt up to what I wanted. It looked a little better after this photo was taken but I tested everything to work before closing up the unit just to make sure

It is really nice!

One question about your solution. In my case I want to boot up automatically the Pipo X7 when I switch electric cord. I see in your post that if you shorted this two pins during 5 seconds the system boot up like if you push power button. It could be possible always have shorted this two pins?

Thank you for your help and best regards

Comment

Working...
      X