No announcement yet.

PIPO X7S root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peterscm I installed IntelĀ® USB Driver for Android* Devices on my windows 7 pc but keep getting no hardware found error when trying to connect to the box .

what type of usb cable did you use and what port on the X7 did you plug into

Comment

no luck on my end even tried multiple Pcs but can not get any to see the Box over USB connection .. I am at the point where I may just remove android . anyone have any luck with Rooting it

Comment

X7S must be in Android mode for your PC / Notebook to detect it using Micro USB cable with data/sync function. I tested mine with Win 7 Pro. No problem to detect X7S. Have u enable the Debugging mode in Android?

Comment

I put my X8 in Android (USB Debug on), connected with a micro USB cable to my WIN7 box, ran iRoot (1.8.5) and it said it rooted. Running Quickboot restart in Android did not execute at all. It did ask for permission though? Small steps... cj

BTW. Mcafee did find an Artemis! Trojan that it killed on execute of iRoot.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
            I put my X8 in Android (USB Debug on), connected with a micro USB cable to my WIN7 box, ran iRoot (1.8.5) and it said it rooted. Running Quickboot restart in Android did not execute at all. It did ask for permission though? Small steps... cj

BTW. Mcafee did find an Artemis! Trojan that it killed on execute of iRoot.

Click Re-root button even it mentioned rooted. Then X8 will reboot. Your X8 will be rooted.

I can't remember if I disable anti-virus before run iRoot. So far, Avira anti-virus didn't report anything after I installed iRoot.

Comment

OK... This does give root to the X8. Quickboot does not run, even though SU gives it permission. Let me play with some other apps that require. I will post what I find. Basically, I just want to shut down the box from the keyboard.

A logical next move would be to see an Android recovery option in uEFI to be allow install/update of ROMs.

Comment

Hmmmm. I ran this same process on an X7S and iRoot did not find the X7S at all? Both the X8 & X7S are running the same Android build (4.4.4.201504071745). One step forward, one back.

Comment

I just did a clean install of & win 7 on the one PC then added Iroot still no device found Pipo x7s is it a USB driver issue ?

Comment

Probably... Win7 does not see the X7S at all. It found the X8 and not the X7S with same Android release and firmware. They are the same hardware. Now, I do not believe the X8 is truly rooted. Quickboot asks permission but does nothing. This app allows reboot into recovery which is nice for upgrades. Simple reboot or shutdown do not work either. SU app is actively logging SU requests, so it looks real but not behaving nicely. I have to play with this more and get back to you guys..

BTW. There are a number of iRoot releases bouncing around the Net. Most have some virus. What are you running?

Comment

the Rikomagic RKM MK36 uses the same hardware also

Comment

I m using iRoot 1.7.9

Comment

Funny.. My download said 1.7.9, but installed 1.8.5 instead. I'll hunt down 1.7.9.

Comment

The X8 is truly rooted. iRoot did the job. Quickboot was/is missing an Android library it needed. Another app (Power Menu) does reboot & shutdown (kills Google Services when it does, though). When recovery is requested it does reboot into a recovery menu, minus EXT entry. Rebooting from recovery fails. Me thinks that Android recovery is not possible in a dual boot environment. GeeksBuying has both an Android & Win8 updates for the X8, that do not appear to use recovery, that I may play with. Stay tuned...

BTW. Attached Mcafee trapped Trojans from iRoot 1.8.5
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

still no luck here cant get it see device .. ill go cable shopping end of the month . if no luck after that I will remove android

Comment

No.. Don't give up. I've just begun to dig into this. The X7S has the same hardware & firmware as the X8.. There has to be a fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X