Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIPO X7S root

Hi,

Today I was trying to root my PIPO X7S. Unfortunately this did not work out as expected (haha). Probably due to my limited knowledge on this part.
    What I did try:
    - Towelroot
    - Framaroot
    - vRoot
    - KingoRoot
    - SRS (ocr)

All without success, anyone having some tips how to (manually) root the device?
    Last edited by Robertnl; 04-24-2015, 22:52.

Maybe this helps: I don't know what they do and maybe you don't need the WiFi ADB (if you can use ADB via the e.g. microUSB) so you should have a look at the root_z64.bat
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...itro-team-done

RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for the tip. It does not seem to work.

Connecting with the device via ADB (WIFI) does work, at the end of the script the reboot command works fine. Seems to be an issue with some files missing?

Comment

Nokia n1 tablet seems to get rooted with RootGenius.
        Maybe that will work on the x7s too?
        Thanks
        Knievel

Comment

Originally posted by Robertnl View Post
          Thanks for the tip. It does not seem to work.
          :
          Connecting with the device via ADB (WIFI) does work, at the end of the script the reboot command works fine. Seems to be an issue with some files missing?
          No, I think the problem is, that you didn't get the right user at ADB...
          uid = user ID => should be 0
          gid = group ID => should be also 0
          On all the Linux systems I've managed, the root account has a GID and UID of 0. Is this guaranteed, or is it possible that the system will give root a different ID?

and because it isn't 0 you don't get the correct rights you need e.g. to do the remount and without the remount to read/write you can't do the rm (delete the files) and so I think also copy would not work... but these infos are without any guarantee, because I hadn't any deeper look at the script or tested it already...

RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You are completely right. Deleted some cls lines from the .bat and found out that it was not connecting. It said failed on connecting to the IP. This could be the app i use for adb over WIFI not working. What I find strange is the reboot command did seem to work, but that is probably my limited knowledge missing things .

Will try to find out how to do it via the micro usb, that way I can rule out another point of failure. It is nice that its not just one click root, might learn something along the way now :P

Comment

Still no luck on rooting, Did try some manual rooting methods via ADB but still getting the wrong user at ADB.

Comment

Hope that someone discover a method to root it. As I read at the Web, then we can install Google store

Comment

Tomorrow i might have more information from PIPO. They told about new firmware for new units (preloaded Google Play) probably they did updload it so we can upgrade.

Comment

Oh, nice one. I'm waiting to my pipo come, and I almost didn't buy it because the root and play store issues, but I thought about some future support from the community. Thanks Robertnl

Comment

Good news!!

Latest iRoot is able to root PIPO X7S but need to root using PC.

Btw, my PIPO X7S has Google Play stored installed.

iRoot APK download is the latest best option to root Android smartphones and tablets. iroot download will make it easier for a safe android root.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peterscm
                        Good news!!

Latest iRoot is able to root PIPO X7S but need to root using PC.

Btw, my PIPO X7S has Google Play stored installed.

iRoot APK download is the latest best option to root Android smartphones and tablets. iroot download will make it easier for a safe android root.

Well, I tried but get failed message.
                        Strangely that, different from your picture, in mine appear as X7 only, and appear a FAILED message.
                        Put the USB debug mode and connect to the pc, but no luck.

Have you did anything different to make it?

Comment

Below is the sequence i try:

First try KingRoot (Android version) - failed.
                          Second try KingRoot (PC version) - failed
                          Third try iRoot (Android version) - failed
                          Forth try iRoot (PC version) - Rooted

May be you can try the same sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by rfwagner View Post

Well, I tried but get failed message.
                            Strangely that, different from your picture, in mine appear as X7 only, and appear a FAILED message.
                            Put the USB debug mode and connect to the pc, but no luck.

Have you did anything different to make it?
                            The same situation with my X7s - Iroot says that its X7 and failed root.

Comment

to use iroot we need the usb driver for the X7s to install on the windows pc has any had any luck finding it

Comment

Working...
                              X