No announcement yet.

PIPO X7S root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm.. Hit a brick wall here. I even turned off Mcafee before reinstalling 1.7.9.2 It uninstalls 1.7.9 and installs 1.8.5 anyhow, before searching for the device. I even updated the USB drivers for the X7S before reinstalling iRoot and still no luck. The X8 is seen as a device attached to Win7 and the X7S does not. Without functioning drivers, we are pretty much stuck.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

yuppers . i originally bought the Box thinking i could put openelec on it but nope .. I dont really need android I just use the box for Kodi and and a few streaming websites so Screw android gonna remove it and free up drive space

Comment

done ! backed up the Drive all partitions turn boot menu off and deleted android enlarged the windows partition 55.2 GB free rebooted got no boot menu .. when a solution comes up I can restore anytime

Comment

Yeah... I bought them both for Win8 more than Android. However, it would be nice to have a fully rooted Android as an option. I will continue the quest...

Comment

the Rikomagic RKM MK36 is the same hardware so you wanna watch for it also

Comment

Originally posted by peterscm View Post
              Good news!!

Latest iRoot is able to root PIPO X7S but need to root using PC.

Btw, my PIPO X7S has Google Play stored installed.

iRoot APK download is the latest best option to root Android smartphones and tablets. iroot download will make it easier for a safe android root.

Can confirm my X7S is also now rooted. Didn't come shipped with Play Store but updated Android as per the instructions on GeekBuying and used iroot PC to root it.
              Last edited by FredQ; 08-01-2015, 09:39.

Comment

I rooted my X8 with iRoot but it could not root my X7S. Win7 did not even see the device. What version of iRoot/Windows worked for you?

Comment

I downloaded iRoot 1.7.9 but I think it updated itself to v2 something. I tried iRoot a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work, it was only after updating Android from GeekBuying that it worked. I'm on official Windows 10 now but my last attempt was on Windows 8.1 and my laptop had no issues recognising the device, I didn't have driver issues at any point. I just couldn't root it on the stock Android that my box shipped with.

Comment

I have Worked on rooting this device PIPO X8 awhile now. I have ROOTED IT and you are all on the right track.
                    How to root Pipo X8

must use windows 7-10
                    enable usb debugging
                    Drivers here is how to get drivers for your pc to recognize your Pipo X8
                    Download Mobomarket pc version it will auto detect and install a driver. the only one i have found to work.
                    after you root you can remove it
                    after the market installs the driver
                    download the latest version of iRoot PC version only (I recently used 1.7.9)
                    then just follow instructions from iroot

Hope that helps

Comment

Damn cant cant root on my X7s I had removed android out of frustration .. restored it last night to try mobomarket hoping that would root it but nope device not found still

Comment

I'd like to install magisk, but I'm concerned about to loose the dual boot. Do you have try magisk?

Comment

Working...
                        X