Upgrade Android on X7s / Playstore Pipo X7s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Android on X7s / Playstore Pipo X7s

WARNING DO NOT FLAH for now - THIS WILL REMOVE THE BOOT WINDOWS OPTION!

Edit, probably due to not updating the BIOS via Windows first i can not boot to windows now. Use this on your own risk.
    Do not forget to flash the new bios first, this is included in the files and the how to from Pipo tells this:
    Copy the “bios” file to U disk, then connect the U disk to X7S, right-click “flashwin32.bat”
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Original post:
    Did the same thing a week ago then it did not seem to work, had another try today and it did so thought i should share it.
    Think its due to a different USB stick

What do i need:
    - USB drive
    - Download (from Geekbuying blog): http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...86083-20150502

How to:
    - Download the 3 files from the Geekbuying blog and unrar them to a folder.
    - Format your USB drive (fat32)
    - Go to the just unpacked folder and browse to: 8G-Android4.4.4_20150420/JSmini_PC01S_Android4.4.4_20150420_[Z3735F_wifi8723BS]_GMS_userdebug_8G/
    - Copy all the files (not the folder, but all files in it) to the root of your USB drive
    - When done remove the USB from your pc

- Shut down your X7s
    - Connect the USB drive
    - While booting hold the F7 key on your keyboard
    - You will get this screen:

- Just press enter
    - wait out the instalation DO NOT press any button, if it says press any button to continue or something like that)
    - The X7s will reboot and enter the boot menu with only android sign. Wait for it to boot.
    - You now get the standard Android setup.

Hope this helps

Did write the guide while updating. Included a warning on top of thread to be sure no one makes the same mistake i did.

Forgot to flash the bios first, now it seems the EFI shell can not detect windows and not boot to it. If you press reboot to other OS in Android it reboots and you stop in the shell.
    So after this i am stuck here:

Comment

Of course I don't know if the bios-binary-file will be also flashable via the AfuEfix64.efi or AfuEfi.efi but I think so... but I'm also not sure if it is only the bios-binary which is wrong...
      Here you could find the tools and maybe you only have to replace the afuand.rom...
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...erse#post24814
      or original by minix
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...038#post427038
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

i tried this method with two different usb sticks
        i copied the bios folder, opened the file as admin and it run some loading/codes and etc.
        after it finished it just shut down the device, so i took the usb stick, formatted it and copied the android folder(not the folder, the files such as system.img, esp.img and etc.. 14 files) and put the usb stick into the x7s again and pressed and power button with the F7 on the keyboard, after few seconds i get this window:

and i tried every option, it just restart the device and get's me back to the dual os window

Comment

So, no one get to work the upgrade?

Comment

Hi guys!
            I just received my pipo x7s today. It has come with playstore installed

Comment

Well after 2 weeks im still in the same boat (no play store)

Iv updated the windows bios following this guide http://www.mediafire.com/view/g85d84...ade_Method.doc
              That seem to go fine after about 2 min of doing stuff it shuts down

Now for the android side I can not find away to update this

I follow the instruction on the geekbuying blog

1, please unzip the firmware, copy the
              entire Android system firmware file folder to U disk ,then plug in X7S

2,press F7 when turning on
              X7S(simultaneously)

3,when entering this UI(see the pic below),p lease click
              Enter, it will complete booting automatically

i tried to copy the content of the android folder to 2 different usb sticks in many ways fat32 & NTFS but still no joy

I don't see the UEFI; BUILT IN EFI SHELL

This is the options I get
              Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Ask this question in the GeekBuying blog, a girl there say to ask for help who need

Comment

Originally posted by rfwagner View Post
                  Ask this question in the GeekBuying blog, a girl there say to ask for help who need
                  i did, the answer was "Power on the machine and press F7 simultaneously."

Comment

Originally posted by neorus View Post
                    i did, the answer was "Power on the machine and press F7 simultaneously."
                    It seems im have the same problem as you @neorus no way to update android as of yet but im sure geekbuying will come good in the end (positive thinking)
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

It seems im have the same problem as you @neorus no way to update android as of yet but im sure geekbuying will come good in the end (positive thinking)
                      it's just strange that people can get other errors and i even can't get to the error point..

Comment

Originally posted by Robertnl
                        [U][
                        Robertnl, how is your PIPO, did u manage to fix it?
                        Do you have any tip in order to appear UEFI Built in EFI option to update Android?
                        Last edited by rfwagner; 06-06-2015, 23:42.

Comment

I have the option to boot UEFI Built in EFI but as I do, the process starts and I get the following error message:

"image type X64 is not supported by this IA32 shell".

Has anyone encountered this and does anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

Hello all. I will be posting a solution tonight to help you all. watch the space

Comment

Working...
                            X