Help! Partition table of X7S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Partition table of X7S

I found that there are 16 partitions at EMMC memory, Does anyone tell me what is functions of these 16 partitions? Any one can advise how to remove all and install a new win81?

Thanks

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I have deleted all of them and did clean W8.1 install from USB stick, works great

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun
      I have deleted all of them and did clean W8.1 install from USB stick, works great
      How did you manage to make this procedure?

Comment

Create bootable usb stick win8.1 bing oem edition, and just boot from it and do clean install
        After you are done just install all drives from the pack Bob posted.
        Do all windows updates and you are done.
        It will activate it self, since the key is saved in the bios.

Comment

Create bootable usb stick win8.1 bing oem edition, and just boot from it and do clean install
          After you are done just install all drives from the pack Bob posted.
          Do all windows updates and you are done.
          It will activate it self, since the key is saved in the bios.
          Did you erase all that partitions?

Comment

Yes, just erase all when installing incl. the recovery if you don't care for the android, I sure don't on this device.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
              Yes, just erase all when installing incl. the recovery if you don't care for the android, I sure don't on this device.
              'I am also looking to do a clean win 8.1 install.

Just a clarification...did you wipe all partitions ? In another post you mentioned to keep 100 Mb WIndows temp.
              Also, I managed to find two 32-bit OEM Win8.1 with Bing. One of them says International version. NOt sure which one I need to activate with key in BIOS.

Thanks for your help

UPDATE: USED the non-international edition and it worked well. I wiped out all the partitions and ONLY then I was able to get the 29.1G of available storage space tom install windows
              Last edited by sfernan; 06-13-2015, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by sfernan

Just a clarification...did you wipe all partitions ? In another post you mentioned to keep 100 Mb WIndows temp.
                Also, I managed to find two 32-bit OEM Win8.1 with Bing. One of them says International version. NOt sure which one I need to activate with key in BIOS.

Thanks for your help

UPDATE: USED the non-international edition and it worked well. I wiped out all the partitions and ONLY then I was able to get the 29.1G of available storage space tom install windows
                Hello friend, can you point me from where did you download the bing image? I get the PIPO firmware to reinstall it, but it's not the same as clean installation.

Thanks

Comment

But please only if it fits to this rule http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...218#post494218
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me
                    But please only if it fits to this rule http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...218#post494218
                    I already found a ISO from bing, but I think the wrong is provide keys, since this w8.1 with bing will install in our PIPO because we already have the keys, but not the files, that are ours already, just need to reinstall. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by rfwagner View Post
                      I already found a ISO from bing, but I think the wrong is provide keys, since this w8.1 with bing will install in our PIPO because we already have the keys, but not the files, that are ours already, just need to reinstall. Am I wrong?
                      Hello friend, i see you already know where to get the code as I see ur userid on same source. I used the 32-bit edition.

Comment

Originally posted by sfernan

Thanks for your help

I read in some post about delete all the partition, just not the ESP flagged one.
                        I did this and installed successful, but I still with the dual boot screen. Do you know if I need to delete all of that to get rid of it?

Comment

Yes, you have to delete all partitions before clean install

Comment

Yes, you have to delete all partitions before clean install
                            I remade the installation now erasing all partition, but the white dual boot screen still appears, but now only with the windows logo. Do you know how to remove this screen?

Comment

Are you sure you cleaned the whole drive before installation?
                              Mine after clean install got rid of the os selector.

Comment

Working...
                              X