Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X7S in Android mode ethernet port stopped working. Does yours work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X7S in Android mode ethernet port stopped working. Does yours work?

I have been using my X7s in Windows mode with an ethernet cord. However today I tried to use Android mode in ethernet mode with wireless turned off. The X7s doesn't work with the ethernet cord. I never checked this until today and wonder if my X7s has been defective from the start or just recently became defective.

Is there anyway to reset my x7s to stock like the day I bought it without losing the ability to dual boot?

Thanks.

Originally posted by yazyazoo View Post
    I have been using my X7s in Windows mode with an ethernet cord. However today I tried to use Android mode in ethernet mode with wireless turned off. The X7s doesn't work with the ethernet cord. I never checked this until today and wonder if my X7s has been defective from the start or just recently became defective.

Is there anyway to reset my x7s to stock like the day I bought it without losing the ability to dual boot?

Thanks.
    I have the same problem here. Unfortunately, wireless performance is so bad that I need the wired ethernet to work. It did work once and lasted for more than a week but all of sudden it stopped working again and there's no way to fix this yet. looking for a solution too. It works fine under Window 8.1 but things don't run well under Windows 8.1.

Comment

Good to know it's not just me having this problem. The wifi is very weak on the X7s. I keep getting buffering issues on the Kodi app in Android. Kodi on Windows work fine. I do want to run Android because the video apps on Android seem better tvideo quality han using a browser in Windows to watch online videos like espn.com or the NBA finals on abc.com

Comment

Originally posted by conix67 View Post

I have the same problem here. Unfortunately, wireless performance is so bad that I need the wired ethernet to work. It did work once and lasted for more than a week but all of sudden it stopped working again and there's no way to fix this yet. looking for a solution too. It works fine under Window 8.1 but things don't run well under Windows 8.1.
        I emailed the company and they fixed it. Go to settings then more then Ethernet and turn it on. Works great for my streaming but yesterday it shut down on me while using hbogo.

Comment

Ok I am having the same problem again. Turning on ethernet doesn't work anymore. Sucks.

Comment

i happened to me today reboot fixed it

Comment

I have same problem with linux. Just power off/shutdown then power on and it will work. Looks like software restart leaves Ethernet in random state and linux driver doesn't like it on next boot.

Comment

I had that problem also reboot fixed it . i ended up removing android and upgraded to windows 10 now it is happening there also . again reboot fixes it

Comment

Working...
                X