Newbie needs help with PiPO X8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needs help with PiPO X8

I am hoping to install 8.1 Pro with media center on my new X8. My rationale is to be able to record all shows (except the copy never ones) and take it with me to watch elsewhere. My question is

Is it possible to install 8.1 pro WMC on the X8 (pretty similar to X7 I think)
    If possible, please point me to some step by step directions

Thank you

Create backup
    Create USB stick with the edition of windows you want
    Do clean install (remove all partitions to reclaim all free space)
    Install Bob drivers pack for the x7 and make sure to add all additional drivers the x8 needs for display and touch screen.
    Do windows updates.
    That's it

Don't forget that the key stored in bios will only activate the W8.1 with Bing edition so you need new key.

Comment

Specifically I am having difficulty with getting bios to boot from my usb install stick. Where can I find more info on that? Is there an English manual for the x8 or x7?

Comment

just press f7 on start up quickly with the usb stick plugged in

Comment

figured out why it was not booting from the usb stick, I was trying the x64 install. Switched to x32 and every thing is fine

Comment

Now I have another issue, the Microsoft base video driver cannot be replaced. 'Display adapters' item is not seen in device manager - despite show hidden items option being checked. and even when I try to change the driver through graphics properties it fails. Any ideas?

Comment

I was able to get the driver to install by slipstreaming the drivers into the install iso using ntlite. Now I do not have the touchscreen drive. Should have extracted it first :-(. I was too darn impatient

Comment

Fixed that too! Downloaded the goodix touch driver from hp stream tablet site.

Comment

hi iam really interessted in this device!

What is the boot time with windows 8.1 pro?
                  And does it start automatically if power is lost (without switching it on?) and does it start right into win 8 or is there a boot menue where you have to select windows instead of android?

Thanks and have fun with it!

Comment

boot time is about 10 secs or so, no automatic power on. boot menu is there but default is selected in a few seconds. I installed 8.1 pro with MCE and erased all other partitions

Comment

Hello hash , needed your help . i have pipo x8 and have diffulty to find driver for display to work .how did you find driver for display and the touch screen. Now my pipo x8 display remains black..pls help.. Thank you

Comment

Hello hash again..if you kindly share or upload the drivers for display and touch for pipo x8..really apprecate it in advacne..

Comment

display is the same as x7 driver (see sticky). I had to slip stream the drivers using ntlite for display to work.
                          This was the touch driver I used from hp site

Comment

Originally posted by Joff.mnl View Post
                            Hello hash , needed your help . i have pipo x8 and have diffulty to find driver for display to work .how did you find driver for display and the touch screen. Now my pipo x8 display remains black..pls help.. Thank you

Is setting in windows set to Duplicate view or Second screen view.

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

i cannot get 1080p on my hdmi out when using clone mode. If you use second screen only 1080p is available. Can you show what tour device manager shows for display adapter?

Comment

Working...
                              X