Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempted restore from recovery disk and now won't boot (X7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempted restore from recovery disk and now won't boot (X7)

I purchased a second hand X7 and first thing I wanted to do was to do a fresh 8.1 install. I have created a Recovery Disk and per one of the first things you should do. Rebooted with the USB in.. it attempted a PC refresh, got to 2% and then said an error occured. I rebooted and notice some sort of TPM error saying something I has attempted to write over the keys in the BIOS. Now I have no Windows!

Is there something I need to unlock in the BIOS prior to a recovery disk install? Worst case I can just do a clean install of Win 7 or something with the driver pack.. help? It feels like it attempts to start the install and then gets blocked or something?

edit: As part of troubleshooting, I went into advanced options and used diskpart to delete all the partitions with the OVERRIDE param. Now the status bar goes from 1% -> 56% and stays around for a bit, then returns There was a problem resetting your PC.

I'm used to installing Win 7/Server 2008R2 and what not.. but not familiar with these devices.
    Last edited by Memorex; 06-29-2015, 04:18.

Hi Guys, I ended up giving up on the USB Recovery method and just grabbed the X7 firmware from the geekbuying.com page and used that. Worked fine

Comment

Originally posted by Memorex View Post
      Hi Guys, I ended up giving up on the USB Recovery method and just grabbed the X7 firmware from the geekbuying.com page and used that. Worked fine
      same here.... really pain-free recovery..... just be warned that if the "with activation fix" version won't activate, then you may need to older 5Gb version.... as I did.

Comment

Working...
      X