Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X7 works, but no HDMI output, Monitors go to sleep :S

Hi.

My Pipo X7 has developed an issue a couple of months ago that I have not been able to troubleshoot.

There is no HDMI output any longer - the monitor just goes to sleep. The Pipo itself works without a problem otherwise - I can VNC as well as RDP into the desktop and use it without a problem like that. Been running it as a server for quite some months. I should mention that the Pipo does not overheat it and has been running at full speed no problems.

What I've tried:
    - numerous cables, HDMI & DVI combinations, all of which work otherwise with my other devices
    - two different monitors (that includes the one that used to work), both of which work with my other devices
    - various graphic drivers - brand new, original to the Pipo X7 (gotten off this forum - thanks!), original to the motherboard from last year..no dice
    - tried cleaning the actual HDMI socket on the Pipo too, as well as pushing/forcing the HDMI cable into the socket as well to ensure there is a proper contact

I haven't done a full software reset as that would delete both the VNC software and the RDP hack that I've got installed on it at the moment, which would then render the device essentially useless.

Does the Windows 10 upgrade (I have mine reserved) leave all the pre-installed software running? I might risk doing that if I am still able to VNC into it after the upgrade.

Anything else I could try to make sure this is not a software issue? Is it possible that this is a hardware defect? A cold joint perhaps? How would I go about identifying it?

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks.

Anyone? No one experienced anything like that?

The fact that there is no screen output during the boot process, I think this cannot be a software thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

get a cheap Usb 2.0 to Hdmi adapter

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
        get a cheap Usb 2.0 to Hdmi adapter
        Hi. Thanks for the suggestion - I actually thought about that, however, I've never used one of these. I did a quick search on **** for cheap adapter and am seeing bunch of Samsung / MHL to usb? Is this what I am after? Could you point me in the direction of what is an adapter that would be compatible with a Windows PC? I don't mind buying from China if it keeps the costs down.

Comment

I have never used one

think this will work http://www.****.ca/itm/2pcs-USB-2-0-...item25991ac57b

Comment

this will for sure http://www.****.ca/itm/2pcs-USB-2-0-...item25991ac57b

Comment

Hi. Both of the links open the same **** item, was this intended? Furthermore, looks like this adapter is USB on both sides. How do you connect this to the HDMI port on the TV? :S

Comment

sorry didnt notice it this is the one it should been
                http://www.****.ca/itm/USB-2-0-to-HD...item4ae1d296df

Comment

I am sure there are others out there as well

Comment

I am sure there are others out there as well

I looked around for these adapters - they pretty much cost 1/2 of the price of Pipo X7 and won't solve the issue as I don't believe the issue is software related. There is NO image output at ANY point after turning it on. No boot sequence image, no windows image etc. I tried it with 3 different monitors and with a couple of monitors all of which work with all my other devices. As said, I can RDP/VNC/TeamView into the machine once booted up and connected to the network.

I had a a look around this forum for anyone with similar issues and found this: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...tput-from-hdmi

I believe my Pipo must have similar issues with the port. I tried wiggling cable around, forcing it in, but no dice.

I took the Pipo apart yesterday - will post images of the port in a minute - maybe someone could help me identify a possible cold solder joint?

Comment

Images of the HDMI port - do these look like cold solder joints?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

they look fine

Comment

they look fine

Thanks! I thought they looked fined too. Sooo frustrating. No idea what it could be :S.

Comment

did you make any changes in the Bios ?

Comment

did you make any changes in the Bios ?
                              Nope. Never entered BIOS. Can't even do it anymore now as there is no image output at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X