Anybody upgrade to Windows 10 on X7S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody upgrade to Windows 10 on X7S?

I have get Win10 icon on taskbar. I want to reserve Win10 but I'm not sure about it.
    Is there any issue after upgrade? Does the dual boot still work?
    I have 7GB free space on C:. Is it enough? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by AKCPE; 08-01-2015, 09:08.

I have but removed android first do not being able to root it and I about 50 Gb free first I did a clean refresh of 8.1 rebooted and and was I asked if wanted to upgrade to windows 10 windows Update downloaded and installed it for me

Comment

I need to use android so I wanna make sure that the dual boot works fine after upgrade.

Comment

mine isn't dual boot and I needed to re-install 8.1, so thought I'd give win10 (insider) a try - it was brilliant!! I'll be re-installing with the full version today.

Comment

your gonna need to clear some space on there I have the 64 Gb version

Comment

OK. I found the answer about the free space. It need 8GB for installation.
            Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Still waiting the confirmation about the dual boot. Anybody know?

Comment

I would love to know also how to install windows 7 and keep dual boot. I wish the people at Pipo would have some support/instructions on how to properly backup our dual boot and allow us to either download or create recovery media.

I still don't know what to do if I ever want to sell the PipoX7s and reinstall the dual boot with a clean install. Anyone know how to do this?

Comment

I have upgraded my Win7 desktop and a Win8.1 laptop to Win10. From what I see, it goes thru a number of reboots before completing. What I have done to prep for Win10 on my X7S and X8 is to force Windows to boot by temporarily deactivating the dual boot dialog. The WinToAndroid app has a slider that disables the boot menu. I then use it to load Android. From Android, I use the Switch OS on the top right pull down. This gets me back to Windows. Subsequent reboots, boot into Windows. After Win10, I'll reactivate the dual boot. I think that this should work.. Opinions?

BTW Win10 is a major improvement. I am so impressed that I killed the ability to go back. System Cleanup will give you the option of killing the backup. This freed about 20GB. Both my boxes are 64GB, so recouping the space is important.
                Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Just finish upgrade my Chuwi vi8 dual OS 2Gb/32Gb.

I have some experiences to share.
                  1. Use micro SD 16GB or more to create "windows 10 home" installation media with free space at least 9GB.

2. Clean up WinSxs to have empty room in system drive more than 4 GB.
                  Using following command
                  Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

refer to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn251565.aspx
                  3. If not enough room suggest uninstall some apps.

4. Insyde's DualOSswitcher still works in windows 10.

Yes! switching to Android is there.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

sathit
                    Hi, what was the Partition sizes of your Chuwi for Windows and Android before you installed Win10 and after.

Thanks
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I've just upgraded my X7S with USB drive. Thanks the tip from sathit. It can free up 2GB of my space.
                      The dual boot works fine. You don't need to deactivate dual boot screen. Thanks all.

Comment

trebor

Just simply run setup.exe from installation media without touch any partitions.

I remember that drive C in win8 is around 16.x gb.

But after upgrade to win10 now it has 18.x gb.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have upgraded both an X7S & X8, both 64gb, via thumb drive. Both went well with no issues. After recouping system files, including prior Windows version, I gained back 12.3gb. I now have 12.7gb used and 32.1gb free. No going back to Win8.1. Win10 runs nicely on these boxes. No reason to hold back.
                          Last edited by cjeman; 08-03-2015, 01:10.

Comment

I upgraded to Windows 10 but after have no free disk space after few months of usingtotalI have 32Gb total. 22Gb for Windows, 10Gb for Android. Deleted almost everything I could, applied commands mentioned above. Any ideas? Is it possible to dowgrade to 8.1 ? Don't want to delete Android.

Comment

Windows 10 makes a backup of the prior Windows version that it keeps for 30 days before wiping. This should have been done a while ago. You can see if it is still there by left clicking C:, selecting Properties, Disk Cleanup. Run this one time. When finished, run again and click 'Clean up system files'. When you run this Windows will warn you that you are removing your backup copy of old Windows, if it is still there. When this completes, you should get back around 10 GB, if it was still there.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X