Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

backup alternatives to Ghost/Acronis (32bit UEFI woes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backup alternatives to Ghost/Acronis (32bit UEFI woes)

I'm looking for a utility that can create a bootable USB drive (that works with the 32bit UEFI on the PiPo).... so I can take an exact snapshot of the OS as it is now.

I'm taking a Windows system image backup, but I'll need to re-install windows to use that image, plus I've not used that in the past, so not sure how reliable it is.

Any advice?

I like Macrium Reflect Free on Windows PCs, but I have no clue about its suitability for devices like the Pipo.

Comment

Acronis Snap and Deploy

Comment

ok, I'll look into that again... I was Googling stuff around my Acronis True Image (2012 / 2014) USB boot utils disk.

Comment

I upgraded to Acronis 2015, thinking that the bootable USB stick would be honored by uEFI. It was not. I have always had backups of systems made this way and would like this for my X8. The efi boot looks like it loads 64bit programs and the X8 needs 32. The USB stick was made on a 64bit Win7 system, so maybe Acronis forced the issue. I may uninstall it and re-install it on 32 bit Windows system and recreate the USB stick.
          Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

No... Acronis does not support 32bit uEFI

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Acronis snap and deploy backed it up without issue, however I never tried to restore it. Correct, True image will not work.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I managed to find a way to roll back to 8.1 and I'm doing the proper upgrade steps to win10 first.... THEN I'll be blitzing the whole install (removing the recovery partitions to free up ~5Gb) and doing a full install AFTER the windows 8.1 key in the UEFI has been adjusted for windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                X