Pipo x7s windows 10 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo x7s windows 10 upgrade

Is it possible to upgrade the Pipo X7s dual boot machine to Windows 10? Will this harm the Android partition? Any tips to keep it from messing up the Android partition? How much free disk space do I need? Can I somehow store the upgrade on my SD card?

Thanks!

David

I just did mine. I downloaded the upgrade from MS. I used the WinToAndroid app to temporarily turn off the dual boot, then used it to launch Android. Once Android was up, I used the Switch OS icon on the upper right pulldown. This put me back in Windows without dual boot. If you have a 32GB X7S, then you will need some thumb driver or USB hard drive attached to allow the upgrade to work. Once the upgrade completes, about and hour and multiple reboots, Windows 10 will be activated. Clean up the Windows partition via Disk Cleanup on the Properties menu. It is important to cleanup System Files as part of this to recoup the prior Windows version (8-9GB). Windows10 is pretty clean. I turned the dual boot back on last.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

I did the upgrade immidiately after installing Windows 8.1. It took very long time to download and install the upgrade, but finally it works. I didn't manipulated with the Android section, just accepted the option to upgrade. Right now, I see that the disk C is about 50% occupied. So, if you want to upgrade, do it straight from the Windows 8.1 opening window without using any additional tools or operations.

Comment

Working...
      X