Windows 10...no dolby audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10...no dolby audio

So, I did the Windows 10 upgrade and everything worked very well. Seems like Netflix and Kodi work even better than in 8.1. My problem is that neither Kodi or Netflix app give me 5.1 Dolby sound. I ended up rolling back to 8.1 because the Pipo is used exclusively for these two purposes, and 5.1 Dolby is very important to me. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Yeah... I had to change the default audio device to the HDMI (TCLMS81) component. For some reason, Win10 assigned the internal speaker as a default. Kodi is pretty solid in Win10. I'd upgrade and look for that device after it completes.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
      Yeah... I had to change the default audio device to the HDMI (TCLMS81) component. For some reason, Win10 assigned the internal speaker as a default. Kodi is pretty solid in Win10. I'd upgrade and look for that device after it completes.
      Yes, I should have mentioned, I tried that first. In my case, it recognized my Marantz receiver and enabled it, but the audio output is not Dolby. I tried looking for and installing new drivers, including from the "fanless driver pack" but all to no avail. Are you getting Dolby 5.1 audio now?

Comment

Yeah, I am getting both DTS & DD5.1 on an Onkyo from my X7S and on a Sony from a X8. There are 2 WDM devices with speakers being defaulted by Win10.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yeah, I am getting both DTS & DD5.1 on an Onkyo from my X7S and on a Sony from a X8. There are 2 WDM devices with speakers being defaulted by Win10.
          Well, now I wish I hadn't rolled it back so soon. Although I am fairly certain that I did exactly what you did with no success, it would be good to review. Are you getting Dolby sound even with the Netflix app from Windows store?

Comment

Sorry... I do not use Netfix, maybe somebody else can respond. I get DTS & DD5.1 on Kodi.
            Last edited by cjeman; 08-10-2015, 03:51.

Comment

Hi all

I upgraded to Win10 on X7s and now no sound at all in win. Android sound is OK

Any suggestions please?

Comment

Check your Playback devices and make one of the SST devices default.

Comment

Check your Playback devices and make one of the SST devices default.

Many thanks set SST as default playback device now all OK.

Comment

Working...
                  X