Pipo X7 - Connected Standby problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X7 - Connected Standby problems

I am trying to use my Pipo X7 as a NAS with 2 usb HDs connected. I have 2 problems:

1. I have set my Western Digital HDs to sleep after 30mins of inactivity. If pipo goes to standby, it can resume normally before those 30 mins. If 30 mins pass and the HDs spin-down then the whole system hangs and cannot resume from connected standby. I have tried to completely disable connected standby by going to registry and setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\CsEnabled to 0 but no dice. The only thing that happened is that I lost "Sleep" from power options. So the question is: Is there a way to wake up from connected standby with USB HDDs that have spinned down? Any one else with the same problem?

2. Is there a way to power off the monitor only and not enter connected standby?

Not sure if I am thinking right, but here goes.
    After being left for a wee while mine goes to sleep/standby & my airmouse don't waken it up.
    Press the on/off button & it returns.
    Only had mine several day too & all new to me !!

Comment

Thanks for your answer but my first question goes more towards the people that have connected USB HDDs on the pipo's ports.

Comment

Working...
      X