Autostart after power cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostart after power cut

I would like to get my Pipo X7 to boot when power comes on instead of going to standby mode. I looked at the BIOS and there is a G3 setting option of S0 or S5. If I understand this correctly (not sure I do) S5 should be the setting I want. It is currently set to S0. However I have seen warnings in more than one place not to touch this setting because it will brick the unit. Can anyone advise me on this? Is there any other way to get the Pipo to come on in boot mode when power is switched on?

i have a pipo x8 and wanted also that the box boots automatically when connected to power.
    Changed only this setting you mentioned to s5, saved it and now its bricked...
    Only a red light goes on and off when using the power or reset button, no display anymore.
    as these boxes are nearly the same, i would not change the settings in your situation...

Comment

Pull your CMOS battery and then hit the power button. Reconnect, and you should be good to go (will have to re-do your bios settings though).

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Ordinarily it wouldn't bother me to do something like this but I really need this Pipo to keep working and it seems so touchy that I am reluctant to experiment with it. If changing one setting in the BIOS is enough to brick it, what about all the others? At the moment it is working well (after a lot of hassle) except for the power on issue. I would be interested to know what others think of this.

Comment

Working...
        X