Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo X7s wont boot while external HDD is attached.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X7s wont boot while external HDD is attached.

Can someone help with the above problem. I tried altering boot priorities in bios but no matter what i set it to it will not boot while HDD is attached.

I have one attached to my X7S and it boots up just fine. Are you trying to boot from the USB HDD? Windows 8.1 or 10?
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
      I have one attached to my X7S and it boots up just fine. Are you trying to boot from the USB HDD? Windows 8.1 or 10?
      It has Windows 10 installed and android has been removed. I want it to boot from internal drive which it does as long the external HDD is not attached,

Comment

It is possible the external HDD is drawing toi much power or does it have its own power supply, also try a shorter or better quality USB cable from HDD to X7 may help
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have a 500gb WD Passport directly attached to mine and I too am running Win10 minus Android. Trebor's point makes sense. Try a powered USB hub, if Trebor's solution does not work for you.
          Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Thanks for help. Think I solved it but unsure how it worked though. I disabled all boot priorities in bios, this made no difference, I still had the problem. I then disabled USB Mass Storage support in bios and that seemed to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
            X