Pipo X7 auto power on - Windows only [SOLUTION]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X7 auto power on - Windows only [SOLUTION]

After a long time of searching the Internet up and down - flashing and reflashing - and almost killing my SPI programmer
    I​ finally found a solution to let the Pipo X7 auto-boot on power supply without the need to press any button.

The solution is pretty simple:
    I found that the Orbsmart AW-05, which is basicly the Windows only version of the Rikomagic MK36, has the wanted auto-boot option enabled.

The interesting part about all that is the following: Orbsmart AW-05 and Pipo X7 share the same Motherboard!

To make a long story short: I downloaded the Orbsmart AW05 firmware, extracted the bios and flashed it to my Pipo X7... AND FOUND IT WORX!

I have created a little flash package for you to share.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff...o_power_on.zip

1. boot your Pipo X7 into Windows
    2. download the archive and extract it
    3. right click on "flash.bat" and select "Run as Administrator"
    4. follow the instructions

Your original bios and your specific Windows Key will be backuped automatic.

If flashing is finished remove the powersupply from your Pipo X7, wait a few seconds and repower your device.
    Hopefully your Pipo X7 will auto-boot now....
    If your device boots into the bios on first start dont worry. Just go into the "Save & Exit" menu and select the "Save and Reset" entry.

ATTENTION: THIS WORX FOR THE WINDOWS VERSION ONLY (PIPO X7) !!!! IF YOU HAVE A DUAL BOOT PIPO X7S IT WONT WORK !!!!
    OF COURSE YOU CAN USE THIS PACKAGE TO FLASH YOUR X7S TOO, BUT THIS WILL KILL YOUR ANDROID AND YOU PROLLY HAVE
    TO REINSTALL WINDOWS. DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR WINDOWS KEY MANUALLY IN THIS CASE !!!

AS USUAL: USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun.

Nice find. A lot of people have already been asking of a way to do this thanks for posting the solution
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention: the file fptw.exe within the archive is used to flash your bios. Therefore you may get virus allerts with some of the usual scanners. Just ignore it - its a false allert - or if you dont trust me - download the Intel Flash Programming Tool somewhere else. The file fptw.exe is part of this package.

Comment

Use this package to flash your PIPO X7S (dualboot with Windows and Android)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u5...o_power_on.zip

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AgentData View Post
          Use this package to flash your PIPO X7S (dualboot with Windows and Android)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u5...o_power_on.zip

Cheers
          I used this package and now no go. Red light is on but no hdmi picture, nothing just red light. I have win10 installed and no android when I did this, howto recover? pipo x7s

Comment

Hmm strange.
            Try this:
            1. remove power supply for some minutes
            2. repower your pipo and let it run (even if you get no hdmi output)
            3. hopefully you`ll get a bios screen after some time (could take up to 2-3 minutes)
            4. report your results

Comment

Hmm strange.
              Try this:
              3. hopefully you`ll get a bios screen after some time (could take up to 2-3 minutes)
              4. report your results
              I will try today but my hopes are not high...

Comment

Hmm strange.
                Try this:
                4. report your results
                no hdmi output, so is there any way restore this machine or just throw away, I don't know why I did this bios thing and now it is a brick... or should I say black hole because no output no bios

I need hdmi output someway cause can't do nothing if no picture...
                Last edited by dadaa1; 12-03-2015, 10:06.

Comment

Has anyone done this successfully with the X7 (not the X7S)? I would like to get the auto power on to work, but I can't afford to brick the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitic View Post
                    Has anyone done this successfully with the X7 (not the X7S)? I would like to get the auto power on to work, but I can't afford to brick the unit.
                    Hi the OP shows how this can be done on the pipo x7..

But a word of warning changing or messing with the bios can lead to bricking the device
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Hi AgentData

I just followed your instruction and flash my pipo X7, it works, the pipo X7 can auto power on after power loss, thanksssssssss

Comment

Could somebody tell me how I can reflash my x7s bios chip and what I need to do that. Should I find a proper stuff from ****? Where I find right data for the chip?

Comment

After a long time of searching the Internet up and down - flashing and reflashing - and almost killing my SPI programmer
                          I​ finally found a solution to let the Pipo X7 auto-boot on power supply without the need to press any button.

The solution is pretty simple:
                          I found that the Orbsmart AW-05, which is basicly the Windows only version of the Rikomagic MK36, has the wanted auto-boot option enabled.

The interesting part about all that is the following: Orbsmart AW-05 and Pipo X7 share the same Motherboard!

To make a long story short: I downloaded the Orbsmart AW05 firmware, extracted the bios and flashed it to my Pipo X7... AND FOUND IT WORX!

I have created a little flash package for you to share.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff...o_power_on.zip

1. boot your Pipo X7 into Windows
                          2. download the archive and extract it
                          3. right click on "flash.bat" and select "Run as Administrator"
                          4. follow the instructions

Your original bios and your specific Windows Key will be backuped automatic.

If flashing is finished remove the powersupply from your Pipo X7, wait a few seconds and repower your device.
                          Hopefully your Pipo X7 will auto-boot now....
                          If your device boots into the bios on first start dont worry. Just go into the "Save & Exit" menu and select the "Save and Reset" entry.

ATTENTION: THIS WORX FOR THE WINDOWS VERSION ONLY (PIPO X7) !!!! IF YOU HAVE A DUAL BOOT PIPO X7S IT WONT WORK !!!!
                          OF COURSE YOU CAN USE THIS PACKAGE TO FLASH YOUR X7S TOO, BUT THIS WILL KILL YOUR ANDROID AND YOU PROLLY HAVE
                          TO REINSTALL WINDOWS. DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR WINDOWS KEY MANUALLY IN THIS CASE !!!

AS USUAL: USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun.

Could you please re-upload the flash package. The provided link doesn't works anymore.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

I need to activate the autoboot feature to my pipo X7

Please, upload it again.

Kind regards.

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm also interested in auto power on flashing my pipo x7 but as mentioned, the http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff...o_power_on.zip
                              link is no longer working...if you can re-up it somewhere that would be awesome

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X