Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

x7s - ( USB sockets stopped working ) After altering BIOS Settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x7s - ( USB sockets stopped working ) After altering BIOS Settings.

Hello pipo x7 users,

I have join the forum for help with a major problem that i have with my Pipo x7s.
    I am hoping that you guys can help!

I have had my X7s for some time now i bought the Gold edition when it came out, Ps i always had playstore on the android side i have read that some people never had that option.

( PLEASE BEAR WITH MY LONG EXPLANATION )

Anyway i kept on having a problems where the Mouse & Keyboard would just stop working after say a week of booting and the mouse was always working fine in windows 8 before this point.
    I later found out that this was a Windows 8 problem and not pipo related.

When the problem occurred the "Keyboard + Mouse" always worked fine Pre-Windows or in Bios, But not working when fully booted in windows 8,
    So i had to redo a 'system image restore' to get it all working again.

After Many months of doing the above.. i now have a new problem:

I saw a video on YT showing how turning Off something like XHCI or EHCI in the Bios under USB settings could fix my problem,
    But the same Keyboard and Mouse problem always came back after about a few weeks again.
    So i tried some new things out in the bios, which now i wished i had not..

So i went in to the Bios settings and altered only a Few things:

USB xhci=OFF , and i think the other settings i altered was a setting call "North and South Bridge" i changed
    Enhance Graphics to = ON
    Graphics virtual Memory to = 90 mb
    and i think in 'North bridge' their was Some settings for USB , or something like that: XHCI or EHCI again or similar initials, I clicked Both to = Disabled...
    And that is the only things i have altered.

NOW THE PROBLEMS I HAVE..
    On reboot, ALL USB sockets are not working.. (Power Only) No usb objects are detected.
    I CANNOT get in to the BIOS SETTINGS Because a Keyboard is NOT Recognized Pre Windows Or Bios, boot..

I cannot press F7 , I have tried 3 different keyboards (2 Wireless) and (1 Direct Wired) (1 usb remote Control) and (1 xbox controller)

If i plug in a Optical Mouse the laser reacts to movement But does not work.
    I have tried removing the 'Bios Battery' from the mother board for a few days and no joy their either
    The craziest thing is thats my pipo X7s boots in to Windows just fine.. Just cannot use ANY usb devices at all.
    Or press F7

Anyone had this problem or knows how to help, it would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Q-Bert; 12-30-2015, 14:25.

Perhaps if you pull the battery and short the sockets to discharge any residue power ?
    It would be nice to have list what's safe to change in the bios.
    I hope you'll get lucky and fix it.

Comment

hi lifeisfun,

Thanks for the reply, I should try that out when i get the chance.
      Its strange having a device that works and boots flawlessly but cannot use it at all!
      ( A kind of working.. But not )

If their is anyone that is maybe a Pipo x7s supplier or has a few of these x7s around them , If they could try out the 5 bios settings that i altered and see if their device also acts in the same way as mine as i would like to here from them.

But i must warn you, if you do try the bios settings that i altered it may render your x7s usb ports unusable as mine seems to have done ?
      Last edited by Q-Bert; 12-29-2015, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
        Perhaps if you pull the battery and short the sockets to discharge any residue power ?
        It would be nice to have list what's safe to change in the bios.
        I hope you'll get lucky and fix it.

Hi lifeisfun,

I now have had the time to try out the shorting method: And it does not work
        It seems that the bois settings must be hard backed and the battery must be for other additional settings.

Does anyone on this forum know of a way that i can rewrite the pipo x7s firmware using a PC Program via PC ..?
        as i cannot use any Memory stick on my pipo x7s as my USB sockets wont detect anything.

Thanks.

Comment

I have spoken to someone i know and they say that i might of turned off the " USB CONTROLLERS " Setting in the x7 Bios...
          Does anyone know how to enable this setting again ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X