LAN port not being recognised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAN port not being recognised

My X7 has suddenly stopped recognising the LAN port on start-up. If I reboot everything is okay but on cold start no LAN, no Internet. The adapter only sees Bluetooth and the wi-fi, which is disabled, and the useless Windows 'problem-solver' just wants to turn the wi-fi back on. This has suddenly started happening for no apparent reason I can find. Nothing has been changed. For months it has started up without problem, now I have to boot twice before it sees the LAN port. Does anyone know anything about this?

Disable the screen sleep mode in Windows. If you switch on the box with screen not power on the Lan connection sometimes does not connect. Try this iot working for me. Somewhere in the Pipo X7 section of this Forum is a discussion on the matter.

Comment

Same here. I was wondering if it's something to do with Windows 10 and the LAN drivers being old and buggy. When the unit restarts 50% of the time the LAN port isn't working even though the lights are flashing. It's not to do with the screen sleep mode for me as the USB and LAN ports are enabled whereas when the screen sleeps they get disabled.

The event log mentions 'A request has been submitted to promote the computer to backup when it is already a master browser' and an issue with \Device\LanmanDatagramReceiver
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396

so I followed the below recommendation disabling 'Computer Browser' in services and seeing how things go.

http://www.hightechdad.com/2007/05/0...d-8003-errors/

http://www.yellowpigs.net/mirrors/CM...c/node140.html

Comment

Also having this issue. If anyone comes up with a solution please share it. It's been bugging me for a while now. It's too inconsistent and the wifi receiver on this box is really weak.

Comment

Originally posted by FredQ View Post
          Also having this issue. If anyone comes up with a solution please share it. It's been bugging me for a while now. It's too inconsistent and the wifi receiver on this box is really weak.
          Have you tried what I suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrabit View Post

Have you tried what I suggested?

I have done a few days testing this now after doing what you suggested and it actually seems to be working! Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by FredQ View Post

I have done a few days testing this now after doing what you suggested and it actually seems to be working! Thanks for your help
              Are you using Windows 10 with the December update also? I'm thinking the update may have altered something.

Anyway I've had 6 days of 24/7 uptime and no LAN disconnections as well since disabling 'Computer Browser' in services. Whereas before the disconnections were daily.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrabit View Post

Are you using Windows 10 with the December update also? I'm thinking the update may have altered something.

Anyway I've had 6 days of 24/7 uptime and no LAN disconnections as well since disabling 'Computer Browser' in services. Whereas before the disconnections were daily.

That's right, got the latest update on my box. Still going strong.

Comment

I spoke too soon! I had one disconnection yesterday for a different reason to detailed above recorded in the system log. I've disabled 'energy efficient ethernet' in the ethernet adapter config settings which has turned itself back on since upgrading to windows 10. Disabling it before seemed to help matters with windows 8.

Comment

Working...
                  X