New Pipo X9 owner ready to hack :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pipo X9 owner ready to hack :)

I registered here. First, thanks to this forum for helping me to research and set-up the Pipo. I ordered a Pipo X8 which arrived defective (USB ports did not work). I was able to get a full refund. Fortunately I found an X9 on GearBest for $99 which eventually arrived. Amazingly works with no issues. Must have been an open box (big discount). Anyway, as recommened elsewhere I immediately made a bootable flash and after much travail, a good (?) backup using "new to me" Clonezilla. Now what? I will probably use my Pipo X9 as a music and file server. Optionally for video (I don't watch much). Amazing what $99 will buy today. Now if I could only understand why it has 19 "hard drive" partitions

Have you tried if yours has a working internal microphone? Mine shows a microphone device but it won't record any audio.

Comment

I had not. If I think to try I will test it. I am exclusively using it for audio playback now. Currently I am a crusade to gut as much of Win 10 as possible and try and have less than 500 MB of free "disk" space

Comment

Working...
      X