How to wipe bricked PIPO X8 before rma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wipe bricked PIPO X8 before rma?

Hi, I've bought a pipo x8 from a chinese retailer, the unit worked for 2 days (I installed a few apps and updated to win 10) but then the unit crashed and doesn't work anymore:
    - power led is on steady
    - no screen display or external display
    - USB devices don't seem to be powered (no light on keyboard)
    - ethernet leds always off
    I'm now looking to return the unit via rma however I'm a bit anxious as I used the pipo to store some of my apps and website passwords, and I'm not sure it would be safe to return the unit as is (the unit may be reconditionned by reseller or manufacturer and my data maybe accessed).
    Is there any way to wipe or fry the flash memory on the pcb, to delete my data?
    Best without opening the unit so not to void warranty.

Good luck, I bought an X9 from Geekbuying, same thing. It turned on once, then went DOA. Ordered in January, received end of February, sent back March 8. Don't expect a return, if it eventually makes it's way to China until at earliest May! They won't send out anything until they receive the old unit back, nor will they let you purchase an upgrade. In fact told me to try and get it fixed in my country...right. The cost to send back to China was 30% of the original cost....l'm done with them.

Comment

I didn't return it in the end as the cost of shipping was similar to yours and then your not even sure you will get the refund. And I had my dropbox linked to the pipo, so I didn't trust them...

Comment

Working...
      X