• Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to clean install a windows 10

Hi.
    I own a X7, wich upgraded to W 10. It works, but i would like to :
    - Extract my windows 10 key - Done
    - Get finley's driver pack - done
    - suppress the recovery partition to get the whole (small) 32 GB partition for windows...
    - Format the 32 GB emmc
    - install a clean french 32 bits windows 10 with a bootable usb key.

As i've done with many standard PC's....
    Would it run ?
    How to boot on USb, as I made , to try, a linux portable usb key, and never was able to boot it on my pipo (even after checking th bios)
    are there issues i don't imagine ?

Another idea i had was tu suppress recovery partition (with acronis, Windows disk utility blocks it) then merge the two partitions to be able to use the whole emmc....
    I'm not sure about that, would it work (specifically on Pipo X7), because i 've akready done such with a stadard PC, and i had no problem.

Thank you for your advices./ experiments

Hmm.. why not use "language packs"

Comment

The boot partition can handle 32bit USB bootable media only. I wanted to use an Acronis Boot stick on the device and it blew right by it.
      Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Hum...
        The pbm is not language, but i want a clean install with a full 32 Gb partition...
        I already get french installed ...

Comment

Any news regarding clean install?
          I also want to remove the recovery partition.

Comment

No news, and I did not take more time to work on this little device.
            None seems to be interested any more in it..

Comment

To do a clean install, you need the CD Key generated by migrating to WIN10 and the Win10 USB or DVD created from the Media Creation Tool. I did this on my PIPO, wiping the Android partition (by mistake). In 32GB, you may need another USB stick for extra memory. The install will let you know if it needs more memory.

Here is a good article on how to do this:

Here's three ways to install a clean version of Microsoft's operating system onto any PC.

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Hi.

Because the 1607 windows update was not able to install, due to lack of memory or whatever else, i decided to format my X7 and install a clean windows 10.
                I used Microsoft media creation tool to prepare a 8 Gb usb key, booted on it, erased all partition (including recovery one) and installe windows.
                Choosed 32 bits version.
                I booted on that key (esc to acces bios then choose the usbkey name as first boot device)
                Less than one hour later, that was done and windows 10 found the licence and self acivated.
                I downloaded finless driver pack

I installed the missing drivers.
                I now have a perfectly working windows 10, with 19 GO of free EMMC.
                :-)
                Serge

Comment

Yep that's how you do it, well done, if anyone asks your it
                  Cheers
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hi everyone, i would like to make a retro box, i mean a machine with emulators powered by gamestation and retroarch.

First of all i would like to update the windows 8 to windows 10, i download a windows 10 32 bits for makinfg a pendrive for installing, i would like to know, how? after prepare the pendrive with the iso of windows 10 how i need to install?

Comment

dig around for my posts from 12-18 months ago - I did that (complete diskpart "clean" of the MMC and re-installed without the recover partitions, etc.... only problem I had was that I went from win8.1 to win10 "review" first... so I had to recover using DVD ISO's from geekbuying first.... then run the upgrade again from win8.1 to win10home, activate it, THEN blow away all the partitions and re-install cleanly - saves ~8Gb... I had very nearly 20Gb free after the install (with a few apps like Chrome and Firefox).
                      Last edited by bahnstormer; 02-01-2018, 07:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X