Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REMIX OS on Pipo X8, instead of Android? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REMIX OS on Pipo X8, instead of Android? Is it possible?

Hello everybody,
    Starting with 1st of march 2016, Remix OS is in beta stage. I've deleted my Andoid from Pipox8 64 gb, and tryed to replace with Remix OS. Not working! Installed respecting the instructions from Remix site. The dual boot screen does not appear. But strangely, when I press F7 on boot, I can see Remix OS among the options. Trying to select it, but not working. I have also tryed bot versions o Remix: 32 bit and 64 bit. Any Idea someone?
    Thank you

Is the Remix loader 64bit? Pipo's have 32bit uEFI. I ran into this when I tried to boot an Acronis (64bit uEFI) USB stick. It showed on the boot menu but would not execute.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
      Is the Remix loader 64bit? Pipo's have 32bit uEFI. I ran into this when I tried to boot an Acronis (64bit uEFI) USB stick. It showed on the boot menu but would not execute.
      Yes, it's 64 bit. Unfortunately....

Comment

USB 3.0. Pendrive ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboicu View Post

Yes, it's 64 bit. Unfortunately....
          64-bit

UEFI Boot & Legacy BIOS compatible

and

32-bit

Legacy BIOS only
          here: jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc

Comment

I have successfully install the RemixOS 32 bits on a USB 2.0 stick on my Pipo x7s. When I boot, I press the F7 to get the boot menu and select the USB driive. I works like a charm

Eric

Comment

It would be so much better for us if Pipo used a 64bit uEFI partition.
              Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Hello, I know it is an old thread but I could not find an answer anywhere else. I am wondering if it is possible to wipe down the default EFI partition and restore it using built-in Windows Recovery Options and then install Phoenix OS or Remix OS after that. I tried to install Phoenix OS but I wasn't able to boot from it. Pipo X7S. Android x64 that came with the box died somehow (boot loop).

Comment

Hello, I know it is an old thread but I could not find an answer anywhere else. I am wondering if it is possible to wipe down the default EFI partition and restore it using built-in Windows Recovery Options and then install Phoenix OS or Remix OS after that. I tried to install Phoenix OS but I wasn't able to boot from it. Pipo X7S. Android x64 that came with the box died somehow (boot loop).

Comment

Working...
                  X