is it worth buying a pipox7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it worth buying a pipox7?

I can get the pipox7 for £43, is this a good deal?
    Also can Linux be installed on this?

I have an X7S (64gb vs 32gb). Upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 very easily. Not seen Linux installed. Ugoos has a few boxes that are Ubuntu/Android. I paid double for my X7S. A very good Kodi box.
    Nvidia Shield (2), Ugoos UT3S, A95x Max, Various NAS Devices

Comment

Same here, running clean installed w10 on 3 boxes, and I'm very happy with it!

Comment

Yes, 43 quid is a good deal for this kind of box.
        MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH. Odroid N2

Comment

cheers guys, well I bought 4 of them, not looked at them yet as im building a usa kodi build based on using chrome launcher and windows to link content from xfinity tv etc

what I want to know is could I dual boot remix OS on this box?

also is there a way to connect the pipo x7 to my laptop to flash a Prometheus (Hackermil) Openelec image onto it?? (hope that makes sense)

Comment

If you understand uEFI boot commands you may be able to load other than Windows or Android. The box is pretty tight with booting either.
            I am running Kodi 16.1 in Win10 and have had zero problems. A better Windows box versus an Android box. If you are configuring these for Kodi, you are already there. Windows 10 certified.
            Nvidia Shield (2), Ugoos UT3S, A95x Max, Various NAS Devices

Comment

Originally posted by markeymark View Post
              cheers guys, well I bought 4 of them, not looked at them yet as im building a usa kodi build based on using chrome launcher and windows to link content from xfinity tv etc

what I want to know is could I dual boot remix OS on this box?

also is there a way to connect the pipo x7 to my laptop to flash a Prometheus (Hackermil) Openelec image onto it?? (hope that makes sense)
              Hi there,

Would you mind telling me where you got them for £43? I got one a year or so ago for about £85 but am after another one.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X