Cannot boot from USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot boot from USB

So I have read that other people are having a similar issue but none are the same. It seems with guidance they were able to boot from USB. I still can't after following the instructions I have found.

This belongs to a friend of mine. His Pipo X7 came with Windows 7. When Windows 10 came out, he took the upgrade to that version. Kodi has never worked well on it. I have tried to revert back to Windows 7 but he had deleted some of the files to restore to a previous version. I have tried to install W7 using a USB stick but no matter what I do, the box just won't boot from the stick.

I have checked the stick in 3 other W10 PC and it works fine. I can see the stick in the BIOS of the Pipo and I can set it first in the boot sequence. When I save the settings and go back before exiting, I see that the settings are still there but when I reboot the stick just gets bypassed and Windows restarts as if the stick wasn't even there.

I tried to restore to a recovery partition but there is none.

If anyone has any idea how I could get this box to boot to USB I would appreciate. At this point, I don't care about going back to W7, I just want to boot to USB so I can use LibreELEC on the box.

Originally posted by RavRob View Post
    So I have read that other people are having a similar issue but none are the same. It seems with guidance they were able to boot from USB. I still can't after following the instructions I have found.

This belongs to a friend of mine. His Pipo X7 came with Windows 7. When Windows 10 came out, he took the upgrade to that version. Kodi has never worked well on it. I have tried to revert back to Windows 7 but he had deleted some of the files to restore to a previous version. I have tried to install W7 using a USB stick but no matter what I do, the box just won't boot from the stick.

I have checked the stick in 3 other W10 PC and it works fine. I can see the stick in the BIOS of the Pipo and I can set it first in the boot sequence. When I save the settings and go back before exiting, I see that the settings are still there but when I reboot the stick just gets bypassed and Windows restarts as if the stick wasn't even there.

I tried to restore to a recovery partition but there is none.

If anyone has any idea how I could get this box to boot to USB I would appreciate. At this point, I don't care about going back to W7, I just want to boot to USB so I can use LibreELEC on the box.
    First, its impossible that Win7 came with the device as it inst supported. Minimum Win version is Win8. The only way to biit from a USB device with Windows is to use Rufus, select a 32bit image and UEFI ONLY.

You cant use LibreElec as LE only supports 64bit UEFI, and rhis device only has 32bit UEFI. There is an experimental version laying around but it has problems with Wifi/Ethernet/Bluetooth/Audio.

My recomendation is format device with latest 32bit Win10, install drivers and latest KODI and you are golden.

Comment

Thanks for your reply but you are wrong on multiple points.
      1- The device DID come with Windows 7 Installed.
      2- I can boot other devices from USB even when the USB was not done with Rufus.
      3- to install a 32 bit version of Win 10 I need to boot from USB...That's not happening.

Comment

Working...
      X