Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X7S - install a second OS

Hello,

Built-in Android OS stopped booting one day. So i wiped it and installed Phoenix OS instead. But there seem to be no way to boot into any OS but Windows 10 anymore. Whatever boot option I select in UEFI/BIOS it keeps booting into Windows 10. Any ideas on why is this happening? Phoenix OS does support 32bit UEFI partitions since v. 2.0.5
    http://bbs.phoenixstudio.org/en/show...d=8230#pid8230
    Last edited by wildcowboy; 05-23-2017, 17:56. Reason: phoenix,

Hi wildcowboy,

I'd like to remove from my x7s the old android 4.4 and install Phoenix OS.

Did you solved the boot problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jeanluc View Post
      Hi wildcowboy,

I'd like to remove from my x7s the old android 4.4 and install Phoenix OS.

Did you solved the boot problem?
      Nope. It ignores Phoenix OS. The best result so far is booting a Linux live USB after pressing F7 on boot

Comment

I experienced random freezes on Phoenix OS. I am sure that is caused by the linux kernel cstate issue. Windows 10 pissed me off with constant upgrades and no disk space issues so I wiped the hard drive and fresh installed Linux Mint with XFCE desktop. It works and boots faster and it looks clean. I had to tweak the ISO as well as fix some issues though but it is all done now. Bluetooth does not work but I am okay with that. I know it is possible to get bluetooth working but I just don't want spending time on it.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X