No announcement yet.

Voyo mini pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, this may help @desmondo with his problem and others in other threads I have seen
    Well Done if it all works

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by _NiK View Post
      3. Open original backuped bios. Check only NVRAM box. Press Flash.
      And best of all, start a command prompt as administrator and type, for example:
      C:\AfuWin32\afuwin.exe BIOS.rom /N

when i open the saved bios i have "Main BIOS Image" checked.
      you say to check only NVRAM box, do you mean to deselect "Main BIOS Image" or to keep those 2 boxes both checked?

Comment

Originally posted by lothian77 View Post
        when i open the saved bios i have "Main BIOS Image" checked.
        you say to check only NVRAM box, do you mean to deselect "Main BIOS Image" or to keep those 2 boxes both checked?
        Deselect "Main BIOS Image". Check only NVRAM box.

Comment

Originally posted by _NiK View Post
          As I was expecting, overwriting nvram cleared "CMOS".
          I advise everyone to make a copy of a working BIOS.
          If you disable usb in the BIOS, only overwriting nvram can reset bios settings.
          Also, a copy of the BIOS you may need to flash through the SPI programmer.

All the following are you doing at your own risk.

For flashing nvram:

1. Download the program. https://www.wimsbios.com/files/flash...in-5.05.04.zip
          It is better to move it to the disk C.
          2. Open as administrator Afuwingui.exe \afuwin\32\AfuWin32\Afuwingui.exe.
          3. Open original backuped bios. Check only NVRAM box. Press Flash.
          And best of all, start a command prompt as administrator and type, for example:
          C:\AfuWin32\afuwin.exe BIOS.rom /N

After go into the BIOS and reset settings to default.

Thanks.

PS: After flashing nvram, Wndows activation key remain original.
          Apparently, the key information is contained in another region of the BIOS.
          Well done mate that sounds like a real break through on these mini windows machines as it seems very common on all these devices. Wonder if there is a way to do this remotely from another machine without a display.

I just checked to see if my device was seen on my network but nada. Tried usb/ethernet and hoped that the wireless lan would at least connect but i am seeing nothing on my network. Anyone any idea what kind of programmer i would need to flash this with desoldering?
          Last edited by desmondo; 03-26-2015, 17:49.

Comment

How to do that if the mini pc boots only in Bios? and I've disabled the USB

Comment

Working...
            X