No announcement yet.

Voyo Mini PC - Recovery media test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last but not least it's 'only' 32bit UEFI...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Last but not least it's 'only' 32bit UEFI...
      Dam 32bit so no way of installing OpenELEC?

Comment

Seems so... maybe only at the moment, because linuxium and galland found a way to boot linux 64bit at 32bit UEFI at the minix z64W (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...MINIX-Neo-Z64W)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          Seems so... maybe only at the moment, because linuxium and galland found a way to boot linux 64bit at 32bit UEFI at the minix z64W (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...MINIX-Neo-Z64W)...
          Interesting. As far as I know the MINIX z64 running windows out of the box is 32bit UEFI and Android out of the box is 64Bit UEFI. My goal would be to wipe the Android and install OE, then repartition and install 8.1 but 32Gb SSD is not good so I'll wait for 64gb like the voyo but only when someone has managed to dual boot OE & Win 8.1 successfully, I live in hope[emoji4]

Comment

Okay I was trying registry hacks described here to get my Voyo Mini PC to switch to English (everything was always in Chinese no matter what I did) http://sergeit.blogspot.fi/2013/11/w...guage-mui.html

Now the Windows wont boot, I get error which I assume is because I broke something in registry.

I only later read this thread and realized I cant freely install new Windows on it, I also didnt create a recovery disk.
            Is there some way to recover/reinstall windows on this thing?
            Is it normal that I got Chinese only Windows (Im european)?
            Is there some way for me to install English Windows instead? If not, can I reinstall the Chinese Windows and somehow change it to English?

Thanks in advance, help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake-end View Post
              Okay I was trying registry hacks described here to get my Voyo Mini PC to switch to English (everything was always in Chinese no matter what I did) http://sergeit.blogspot.fi/2013/11/w...guage-mui.html

Now the Windows wont boot, I get error which I assume is because I broke something in registry.

I only later read this thread and realized I cant freely install new Windows on it, I also didnt create a recovery disk.
              Is there some way to recover/reinstall windows on this thing?
              Is it normal that I got Chinese only Windows (Im european)?
              Is there some way for me to install English Windows instead? If not, can I reinstall the Chinese Windows and somehow change it to English?

Thanks in advance, help greatly appreciated.

Found the solution myself http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#userconsent#
              After reinstall I was able to choose English as language for the interface \o/

Comment

Hi all!
                I have a Voyo Mini PC, but the Windows crash and I try reinstall it.
                I create a usb pen drive with EFI boot and they dont recognized in the boot.
                I try enter EFI SHELL, but they dont show files.
                I try use a normal Boot CD with Windows 8.1 and they too dont boot.
                Do you can help me ?
                Thank you

Comment

Hi Marcos,
                  you should create a EFI bootable USB key with rufus (easy way). Start VOYO then press DEL to access the bios and change the boot order.
                  At this point, you should be able to boot from the USB

Download the driver pack early mentioned in this tread for missing drivers.
                  Use a Windows 8.1 32bit ISO to create the bootable USB key

David

Comment

Hi David. Thank you for your answer. I use rufus and create a EFI bootable USB. In CMOS, dont found option to select the boot order, in the BIOS dont show my USB CD-ROM or USB key.
                    I off secure boot, and they dont work too. I try press F7, F8, and anothers options and they dont show boot menu option. Another way ? Best regards.

Comment

Attached a few images. I reset the CMOS to default configurations, I try enable and disable many options. Nothing work. Nothing allow I boot by USB or CDROM. Any help is welcome. Thank you
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.
                      Last edited by marcos; 06-24-2015, 15:07.

Comment

Hi!
                        I found a solution to boot the usb stick.
                        They only accept boot with FAT32 and partition formatted with GTP.
                        I reinstall the Windows and I found the drivers (main is wlan and bluetooth) in HP ftp.
                        Works fine.
                        The doubt now is: How can I use it in 4K resolution?
                        I download Intel graphics HD drivers (latest drives) and the resolution is up to 1920 x 1080. How can I change to 4K resolution ? Any way?
                        Thank you

Comment

The intel CPU doesn't support 4K.

Comment

Working...
                          X