Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSU monitor problem

Hi All,
    I have the voyo mini pc - I'm quite pleased with it, thought slightly tempted to load windows 8 pro instead of the bing bundled version.
    Before that though I have a problem - as soon as I plug in the supplied power supply, my monitor loses sync - the display blanks while it tries to re-sync. It stays on, so it detects a signal, but never displays anything.
    I have tried a few other power supplies with varying success:

Blackberry charger - this works fine, but doesn't supply enough current, so the battery eventually runs flat, esp under load.
    6 outlet multi-way charger - this is fine, keeps it charged, but every now and again the display 'jumps' but that's the worst of it.
    3A 5V charger - bought off **** so 'no brand' - screen won't sync.

I know my screen is sensitive to interference as other electrical noise (the hob ignition in the kitchen for example) cause it to loose sync.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to either a high quality psu, or some may of smoothing / reducing interference?

Thanks!
    Matt

e.g. I'm using this one http://www.****.de/itm/121290480449?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT at 5V/3A because I never had any problems with it (fortunately I have an old DIR-635 which I don't use because I don't want to pay this price for it) but also had trouble with a "Chinese" 5V/3A psu (e.g. also after a while continues resyncs (black & back &...))...
    Maybe you will find a used DIR-635 at **** for lower price...
    But I don't know if it will help at your situation...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by mdurkin View Post
      Hi All,
      I have the voyo mini pc - I'm quite pleased with it, thought slightly tempted to load windows 8 pro instead of the bing bundled version.
      Before that though I have a problem - as soon as I plug in the supplied power supply, my monitor loses sync - the display blanks while it tries to re-sync. It stays on, so it detects a signal, but never displays anything.Thanks!
      Matt
      Hi
      I would test if you can on another monitor/tv if you can, also not all HDMI cables are equal.
      As far as power supplies go I have been using the Anker USB charger 40w works a treat.

Also I was reading about a setting in the BIOS..
      Spread Spectrum...long shot but who knows for sure ?

Spread Spectrum ControlSpread spectrum controls are really added to motherboards for one purpose only - they are sometimes needed so that a device for sale within the US can include a legitimate Declaration of Conformity stating compliance with Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Rules. This stipulates that operation of the device (motherboard), (a) may not cause harmful interference, and (b) must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

May not be relevant to our device ?

Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Heh - switch of HDMI lead and I now have a picture. It goes off every few seconds, but it's an improvement. The replacement lead is an identical brand to the one I was using I remember having some odd problem with a mini pc before and these cables before. I have a new decent lead on order, hopefully with that, and some combination of power supply I'll be OK!
        thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by mdurkin View Post
          Heh - switch of HDMI lead and I now have a picture. It goes off every few seconds, but it's an improvement. The replacement lead is an identical brand to the one I was using I remember having some odd problem with a mini pc before and these cables before. I have a new decent lead on order, hopefully with that, and some combination of power supply I'll be OK!
          thanks all!

I have several hdmi cables around here. I too had issues with the cables i already had Connected to my Visio tv. but the samsung tv works fine but i must turn it off before connecting the Device..

So yes there is something up with this device that is NOT QUITE RIGHT .

Comment

My problems have got worse. Device turns on, monitor tries to sync (it detects something). Often get out of range message on the monitor. Just tried it on my tv, again - something is detected, screen goes blank (from the usual standby screen), but nothing is displayed. Is there a way to do a hard reset on these things?

Comment

Working...
            X