Voyo V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voyo V2

New boxes based on a more conventional design.

Two models based on 2g/32g with one having what is described as a built in 64Gb SSD and both having and Gigabit lan.

No dual boot on there though, just Windows.

Just a single USB port too.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VOYO-...ry-348385.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VOYO-...ry-348384.html
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

VOYO V2 Windows 8.1 4K MINI PC Z3735F Quad Core 2G/32G 802.11 b/g/n LAN BT4.0 HDMI Built-in 64G SSD 4500mA Li Battery

Seems to be the norm now V1 and now a V2.

SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz
    System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
    Storage – 32 GB eMMC + optional 64 GB SSD (depends on model)
    Video Output – standard HDMI 1.4b
    Audio Output – HDMI, and 3.5mm audio jack
    Connectivity – Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
    USB – 1x USB 2.0 host, 1x micro USB
    Misc – Power Button, power LED
    Battery – 4,500 or 8,000 mAh battery (Depends on model)
    Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel
    Dimensions – 13.1 x 8.2 x 1.5 cm (V1: 126 x 126 x 12 mm)
    Weight – 300 grams

Last edited by trebor; 09-20-2015, 06:59.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

On the top end model they have essentially swapped the SD card option for the 64Gb SSD.

Nice that it has gigabit ethernet and does look rather nice too.

I do hope that they have addressed the heat issues that seem to plague rather too many of these boxes.

Comment

Yes could be good I note there is a plastic clear lid (edit Glass) on the top outer of the box for pretties I guess, that would not help i feel.
        Cheers.

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes and it doesn't look as though there are any vents in it at all and based on the fact that when I contacted them about the original mini PC, despite reports of overheating, they denied that was and could not reproduce it.

Comment

i bought it on gearbest. please can i use a ir or bt to command this voyo2? i'd like use it how mediacenter with xbmc.

Comment

Originally posted by marcowind80 View Post
              i bought it on gearbest. please can i use a ir or bt to command this voyo2? i'd like use it how mediacenter with xbmc.

I doubt that it will have IR functionality as it doesn't seem to come with a remote but as it has BT then yes, you could use such a controller, as well as other wireless ones such as the Beelink W8 that is specifically designed for Windows.

Comment

First I am not a professional. and I bougt one from Tinydeal, and I am kind of confused about the 64GB SSD and 32GB EMMC, and when should I use the 64GB SSD , and when 32GB EMMC, for example , which I should use when i am to play video via a USB drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimer View Post
                  First I am not a professional. and I bougt one from Tinydeal, and I am kind of confused about the 64GB SSD and 32GB EMMC, and when should I use the 64GB SSD , and when 32GB EMMC, for example , which I should use when i am to play video via a USB drive.

There are 2 V2 models.

1 with 32Gb EMMC and a MicroSD card (with a 8000MAH battery) and the other with the additional 64Gb SSD but no MicroSD card (with a lower 5000MAH battery).

How you would use them would depend on your internal data storage requirements.

Both can play video from external USB drives.

Perhaps your colleagues at Tinydeal can demonstrate them to you so you can see which suits you nest.

Comment

My V2 is trash. First time boot up it updated Windows 10, then the bootloader wouldn't work. Then the USB ports were disabled, so there is NO WAY to input anything. So it boots to Windows 10, waits for a few minutes, then shuts down due to no input. If you can figure out a way to communicate with the USB ports disabled, please let me know. And no, the bluetooth was never configured, nor was the remote desktop. Its a paperweight.

Comment

I am just now realizing that I am a very foolish person.

The Voyo v2, never a stellar device, started acting up so I thought to reset it.... WITHOUT backing up the drivers first (Yup, I AM an idiot!).
                      So now I am left with a nice, clean Windows 10 installation, MINUS some very important drivers.
                      If there is anyone out there in FREAKTAB-land who still has a viable Win10 installation with all drivers, could you please package up the drivers directory and upload it here?
                      I cannot believe that I am the only one left in the world who has one of these things and could use a backup of the driver files to safeguard against future lapses in common sense.

Thank you, in advance, for whatever help you may be able to provide.

Comment

Here you go

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/first-run-of-voyo-v2-32gb64gb-5000mah-windows-10-mini-pc-download-windows-10-drivers.html

Windows 10 is getting smarter in picking up drivers upon installation but there will often be times when it doesn't have them as part of the Windows installation and drivers written specifically for the device can perform more optimally than generic Microsoft ones.

Comment

Brilliant!
                          Thank you 'bluesmanuk" for your prompt response to my plea for assistance!

Sadly, after an arduous time sorting through the available drivers and, in the end, simply restoring them all, en masse, I find that I am no further ahead!

Were I not currently shaven completely bald, I would likely be pulling out my hair in frustration!

The restoration of the drivers did not solve my biggest problem, when you consider this Voyo v2 is marketed as, and is currently being used as, a TV Box! You see, |I have NO audio, which is to say that I have that pesky red "X" by the little speaker in my system tray and the troubleshooter detects nothing out of the ordinary, though the "Playback" tab of the Sound panel reports "No audio devices are installed"|!

I must admit, I am approaching my wits end. I may just have to return to slaving myself to the local cable provider once again.

I thank you, again, for your valiant effort to help out a stranger in distress!

pda756

Comment

I have another idea.

Try this program.

http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

It may find the missing audio driver.

Failing that, lets hope that an existing owner can backup their driver and post it for you.

Comment

After letting the Voyo V2 sit without power for a year or two, i thought maybe it would default to the BIOS. Nope, can't do a thing with it because the USB keyboard and mouse are disabled, so there's no way to input anything. If anyone has any ideas, great!

Comment

Working...
                              X