No announcement yet.

Voyo (V1) VMac BIOS upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose that you bricked it by flashing the newest BIOS (2018-05-30)?
    Only possibility is to reprogram flash memory in external programmer. For some reason it isn't straightforward. You must not overwrite sector 0 and probably shift whole program data from bin file by 4 kiB (sector size in that flash memory). That is quite hard to do without sophisticate knowledge. I asked some professional in my neighborhood to do this and it took him about four weeks to figure it out .
    Note. Before flashing I did backup of original content of BIOS inside my VOYO V1 but for some strange reason it didn't contain first block of that memory (it was 4kiB shorter than it should be). Sector 0 contains identification data for every VOYO V1 and it is unique. Therefor it is protected.

There are guys who recovered after VOYO V1 BIOS miss-flash themselves but I couldn't understand how exactly.
    Hi, I just bought one of these: http://www.gearbes
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by jorensanbar View Post

Hello Gormar.

I bricked my Voyo V1.

How did you do to recover the device?
      Hi Jorensanbar,

Did you succeed in recovering your Voyo V1 following the instructions given by Gormar? I have the same problem that you guys met: I need to hard flash my BIOS. I ordered a complete eeprom programmer kit to perform that: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SOIC...903680825.html. I didn't receive it yet but I wonder why, according to the link given by Gomar, the chip needs to be unsoldered to be flashed. A test clip as the one from my kit wouldn't make it?

Actually, my real problem is that my Voyo V1 seems to work but never displayed anything. That's why I was adviced to flash the BIOS that might be the source of the problem. Anyway, I would be glad to get any light on the method to follow to carry out this flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoCav View Post

Hi Jorensanbar,

Did you succeed in recovering your Voyo V1 following the instructions given by Gormar? I have the same problem that you guys met: I need to hard flash my BIOS. I ordered a complete eeprom programmer kit to perform that: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SOIC...903680825.html. I didn't receive it yet but I wonder why, according to the link given by Gomar, the chip needs to be unsoldered to be flashed. A test clip as the one from my kit wouldn't make it?

Actually, my real problem is that my Voyo V1 seems to work but never displayed anything. That's why I was adviced to flash the BIOS that might be the source of the problem. Anyway, I would be glad to get any light on the method to follow to carry out this flashing.
        Hello,

Honestly I have not made the attempt. In the end, I decided to choose a brand with better support, and bought a Gemini x45 Premium from Bee-link, and it was the best decision I made.

Comment

Originally posted by jorensanbar View Post

Hello,

Honestly I have not made the attempt. In the end, I decided to choose a brand with better support, and bought a Gemini x45 Premium from Bee-link, and it was the best decision I made.
          Thank you for your answer. I just received my programmer kit this morning. I will investigate this flashing thing a little more and try it with what I can find. I come back here to give the whole procedure if I succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoCav View Post

Thank you for your answer. I just received my programmer kit this morning. I will investigate this flashing thing a little more and try it with what I can find. I come back here to give the whole procedure if I succeed.
            Hello! I plan to build a NAS, and reviewing old things, I found my Voyo V1. In the end, could you recover it with the programmer? Maybe the information could help me before buying a $ 100 Mini PC.

Comment

Working...
            X