Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voyo (V1) VMac BIOS upgrade

Did anyone here done so?

I was exited when I found "unlocked Linux" BIOS for this device till I got there. People bricked their VOYO Vmacs after flashing AM01 622 BIOS. Anyone with success?
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

I've got the Voyo Vi Vmac for only one week, didin't had a change to test a lot of things, but I had sucess updating the BIOS.

First I got the "BIOS 2017-05-22", unpacked it, put on a Fat32 formated Flash drive and follow the instructions from the oficial site, then reboot and installed the "unlock BIOS (linux) 2017-08-18" without problems. Now I have an new item in BIOS menu, that I can select "Windows", "Windows 7", "Linux (Intel)" and others that I can't recall now. Mine came with Windows 10 Home 64bits, but I've had erased the SSD and just testing a version of Linux Mint and Ubuntu (without installing it yet).

My version has 4Gb/64Gb, and Apollo Lake N3450.

By the way, after I formated the internal SSD and installed the Windows 10 64Bits PRO, I can't get the audio to work on, even with oficial Microsoft Windows download, or the home site version... Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by lawfer View Post
      By the way, after I formatted the internal SSD and installed the Windows 10 64Bits PRO, I can't get the audio to work on, even with official Microsoft Windows download, or the home site version... Any ideas?
      What is your audio setup? Do you use HDMI or analog 3.5" jack for audio output? Can you change playback device?
      Press speaker in Windows notification area and then output device name to see possible choices.
      Did you install Intel GPU driver? One version (before October) muted HDMI output for me.
      Last edited by Gormar; 11-10-2017, 06:56.
      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

WARNING:
        !!!!! Do not update BIOS inside older (at least before April) VOYO V1 mini !!!

Lawfer that's not on you but on VOYO. They ****ed up quite good. First they set "/y" switch which cause that flasher will not ask you anything. Second flash chip (MX25U6473F) on AM01 rev:B board can't be completely written and write size is smaller than BIOS file size. Not everything is written which mean bricked device. I will probably recover unsoldering this chip and flashing it externally with flash programmer. Time will tell .

When I saw this screen I was almost certain that I'm screwed .
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171109_225514.jpg Views:	2 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	684412
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post

What is your audio setup? Do you use HDMI or analog 3.5" jack for audio output? Can you change playback device?
          Press speaker in Windows notification area and then output device name to see possible choices.
          Did you install Intel GPU driver? One version (before October) muted HDMI output for me.
          WARNING:
          !!!!! Do not update BIOS inside older (at least before April) VOYO V1 mini !!!

Lawfer that's not on you but on VOYO. They ****ed up quite good. First they set "/y" switch which cause that flasher will not ask you anything. Second flash chip (MX25U6473F) on AM01 rev:B board can't be completely written and write size is smaller than BIOS file size. Not everything is written which mean bricked device. I will probably recover unsoldering this chip and flashing it externally with flash programmer. Time will tell .

When I saw this screen I was almost certain that I'm screwed .
          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171109_225514.jpg Views:	2 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	684412
          My update went flawlessly, when I get home I'll post some pics from my BIOS and sound options.
          But I'm feeling really guilty... In my very first post, I'm responsible for bricking your mini pc. I'm really sorry...

Comment

Lawfer it isn't your fault, really. VOYO is to blame. Part of their motherboard has different flash chip and they didn't bother to inform users. What's more flash procedure didn't leave any decisions for me. Even when there was evident problem it went forward.

I wrote above message to just warn users that this procedure is very risky. I will probably recover from this. Flashing embedded chips isn't impossible.

Comment

I know that, but...

If this can be useful to restore your bios, those are exactly the files that worked for me:
              First one:
              MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Linux enable:
              MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

In the next days I'll try again fix the audio on Windows.

Here's some pics from my system with Linux.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Doesn't audio work on both Windows and Linux? I suppose you use analog output (3.5" jack)? Strange that volume is set to zero.

If I recall correctly VOYO V1 mini use four sleeve 3.5" jack plug like in a mobile phone. But it should work with standard stereo headset plug (3 sleeve plug).

Comment

Audio is working on linux, the image is just to show that I have a lot of option on Mint, and the 3.5 jack or HDMI works normaly.

My problem is on Windows, no audio is detected during installation, I get zero devices on audio options. All desktops, laptops and a single mini pc (besides voyo) that I installed Win 10, all of them get sound on first boot. My voyo is the only exception...

Comment

Do you have unknown Device in Device manager ?

Also Not sure but often windows can select another Audio device by default,as sound
                    Right click speaker go to sound properties if not already or Via Control panel
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Got nothing in device manager, trying get a driver on windows update, without sucess...

Installed a driver from an old Voyo model, got audio through 3.5 jack but none through hdmi. Can't understand why...

Comment

HDMI audio is supported by Intel GPU driver. Download newest version from Intel and you should be good to go.

Comment

Finaly got that audio to work, this was the only driver that worked for me. I have now another problem, but I'll make a new topic about it.

Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8166_W10x64_A.zip

Comment

I'm back with this device even if it took longer (more then 4 weeks) and was more expensive than I initially thought (about 30$) to recover from bad BIOS flash.

Thanks for the driver. After reninstalling Windows it is a must. Even HDMI audio doesn't work without them. I think that it might have something to do with Intel SST driver.

Comment

I'm back with this device even if it took longer (more then 4 weeks) and was more expensive than I initially thought (about 30$) to recover from bad BIOS flash.

Thanks for the driver. After reninstalling Windows it is a must. Even HDMI audio doesn't work without them. I think that it might have something to do with Intel SST driver.
                              Hello Gormar.

I bricked my Voyo V1.

How did you do to recover the device?

Comment

Working...
                              X