Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GK328 (RK3028)

Heelo boys and Girls

i just received my gk328 from geekbuying and i had some problems with it like ethernet not switching on and some apps not in playstore and wifi cutting out do any of you gus know where i can get firmware for this device.

despide having lower end specs when compared to mk808 i think its as fast as the mk808 it quit snnapy

Last edited by ademturk; 04-04-2014, 15:12.

need Firmware doods

need Firmware doods can any one help

Comment

dudes any one plzz

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
      Heelo boys and Girls

i just received my gk328 from geekbuying and i had some problems with it like ethernet not switching on and some apps not in playstore and wifi cutting out do any of you gus know where i can get firmware for this device.

despide having lower end specs when compared to mk808 i think its as fast as the mk808 it quit snnapy

Comment

My bet is that you are on your own for a firmware for this device. There just aren't enough people who have one and for the devs to even consider it, someone would have to provide a sample unit for them to play around with.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

wait

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post
          My bet is that you are on your own for a firmware for this device. There just aren't enough people who have one and for the devs to even consider it, someone would have to provide a sample unit for them to play around with.

yes but what about the company who prduced it factory firmware i have found nothing

Comment

Unfortunately, these Chinese companies are very hit or miss with regards to firmware quality and updates. Certain companies such as Minix have better reputations for product support whereas others put out subpar products and never update them to correct their flaws.

Comment

i know

i know like the cs868 but i only paid $30 or somthing so iam not too upset everything works well exept thernet

Comment

Btw... Have you gone into the network settings and specifically looked for a setting to turn on ethernet? Many boxes have a toggle to switch between wifi and ethernet.

Comment

yep

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post
                  Btw... Have you gone into the network settings and specifically looked for a setting to turn on ethernet? Many boxes have a toggle to switch between wifi and ethernet.

when i click ethernet it does not turn on

Comment

Why didn't you get Mk808 ? its only $5 dearer ...rk3066,1gb ram ,8gb rom + Support...

you can try this;

Using Root Explorer go to data/misc/wifi

Delete wpa_supplicant file

restart the unit

isin zor , iyi sanslar Adem Kardes

Comment

he he

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                      Why didn't you get Mk808 ? its only $5 dearer ...rk3066,1gb ram ,8gb rom + Support...

you can try this;

Using Root Explorer go to data/misc/wifi

Delete wpa_supplicant file

restart the unit

isin zor , iyi sanslar Adem Kardes

bro i actually bought it because there was a big special i think it might of cost me like $29 not too sure
                      but the real reason was to check and see how the rk3028A was when compared to mk808 or the mk908 and i have to be honest its very nice crisp and fast and it play movies from my nas over wifi with no problems and xbmc is working excellent. ian not sorry that i bought it its a very good device if i had to choose between this and mk808 i waould have toss a coin they are both good but mk808 has much more support and roms.

Comment

he he

i will also try your method

Comment

Anyone updates on a fix?

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
                          i will also try your method
                          I also have this r k 3028 h_d_m_i dongle with the same wifi issues. I cannot use root explorer because the device is not rooted.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

wow

still no one o well i dont have the device any more

Comment

Working...
                            X