root request for measy x7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

root request for measy x7

Sir Finless you have done root on measy a5a, can you root also measy x7?
    here specs: (http://www.measy.com.cn/product/showproduct36_en.htm)

MBX / MBX DVBT reference board (c03ref)

ARM cortex-A9 1Ghz
    2gbit Nand Flash
    Mali 400
    Android 2.3.4
    Last edited by robustnet; 08-15-2012, 18:41.

I need a stock ROM or a ROM dump. IS a ROM available from the manufacturer?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ive tried to dump the rom but adb can't detect my device even if I installed manually the android usb driver for my unit.

I have found an old or previous firmware here:http://measy.kz/en/model-x7-firmware-v1110

but when I tried to use it on my device I get this error:

assert failed !less_than_int(13205, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")) (status 7)

can we start with this rom? its android 2.2 something. Can you make the update system accept this rom.

thanks.

Comment

Rooted my Measy X7 2.3.4

My first attempt with android tinkering.
        Put this update.zip in root of FAT32 formatted sdcard, then update from local.
        works like a charm.
        This forums limit is 200kb hence link to androidformus post

Comment

Sir thanks for the big help, have you tested it? So it will not erase the old firmware but will just add-up?
          Big thanks again.
          And will the firmware reset work again? in case I want to go back to orginal firmware.

Comment

Yes, Tested it

Originally posted by robustnet View Post
            Sir thanks for the big help, have you tested it? So it will not erase the old firmware but will just add-up?
            Big thanks again.
            And will the firmware reset work again? in case I want to go back to orginal firmware.
            Yes, as far as the code goes it only adds up su and superuser to android system.I haven't lost any functionality on my X7 as well. Yes i have rooted my measy X7 box first with the same update.zip.
            After this you have your old firmware + su binary + superuser.Its not an upgrade pactically.
            So i don't think you can click something and go back to previous version, unless you have the current version's ROM(which i dont think is public).

My Measy specs were:
            Device model: MBX DVBT reference board (c03ref)
            Firmware version: 2.3.4
            Kernel version: 2.6.34
            ricky@ubuntu )
            #16 PREEMPT Fri Dec 30 16:52:04 HKT 2011
            Build number: GB.MBX.20120105

Comment

Originally posted by princeliliput View Post
              Yes, as far as the code goes it only adds up su and superuser to android system.I haven't lost any functionality on my X7 as well. Yes i have rooted my measy X7 box first with the same update.zip.
              After this you have your old firmware + su binary + superuser.Its not an upgrade pactically.
              So i don't think you can click something and go back to previous version, unless you have the current version's ROM(which i dont think is public).

My Measy specs were:
              ricky@ubuntu )
              #16 PREEMPT Fri Dec 30 16:52:04 HKT 2011
              Build number: GB.MBX.20120105

Big thanks, I updated already. Re: the unit how do you shutdown it? Ive installed ligux tools to shutdown the unit but it didnt work. It granted root access but it wont shutdown. Its my problem with measy x7 it wont shutdown properly.

Comment

GBox midnight same specs

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                I need a stock ROM or a ROM dump. IS a ROM available from the manufacturer?

Bob
                Hi i have just read this thread and the specs of this box are same as GBox midnight 2.1 if this is any help it may help me as i got the GBox see link to download http://androidtvbox.us/downloads/software-and-roms/
                Thanks Dell

Comment

Re: root request for measy x7

I did had that player if you have the versio that thas android 2.2 getvrid offit.

The uport from measy its awfull.

Che k ky post in pinoydvd forum

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by robustnet View Post
                    Ive tried to dump the rom but adb can't detect my device even if I installed manually the android usb driver for my unit.

I have found an old or previous firmware here:http://measy.kz/en/model-x7-firmware-v1110

but when I tried to use it on my device I get this error:

assert failed !less_than_int(13205, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")) (status 7)

can we start with this rom? its android 2.2 something. Can you make the update system accept this rom.

thanks.
                    Yes, I have the same problem and it is because the version installed on the device os newer than the version being installed. We need to find a way to force a fresh load of the firmware and bypassing the update process.

I am not habing fun trying to find that and may measy x7 that us 3 days old is dead.

JS

Comment

This is easy to fix.

You will need to get update creator 3.0 to be able to remake the update.zip. Once you open and modify the zip it needs to be remade and signed with the original signature.

So first unzip the update.zip
                      Then in this go to /META-INF/com/google/android/
                      and open the update-script file in a proper text editor (not windows notepad get EditPad lite).

At the very top you will see the assertion parts of the script. It will show something like this:
                      assert(!less_than_int(1339741365, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")));
                      assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "g04w138188ref" ||
                      getprop("ro.build.product") == "g04w138188ref");

Just remove all that from the script.
                      Save the script

Repack the update.zip using update creator.

Done!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        This is easy to fix.

You will need to get update creator 3.0 to be able to remake the update.zip. Once you open and modify the zip it needs to be remade and signed with the original signature.

So first unzip the update.zip
                        Then in this go to /META-INF/com/google/android/
                        and open the update-script file in a proper text editor (not windows notepad get EditPad lite).

At the very top you will see the assertion parts of the script. It will show something like this:
                        assert(!less_than_int(1339741365, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")));
                        assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "g04w138188ref" ||
                        getprop("ro.build.product") == "g04w138188ref");

Just remove all that from the script.
                        Save the script

Repack the update.zip using update creator.

Done!

Bob
                        Thanks Bob for your great instructions, but I continue to have problems and it is probably what I am doing rather than your instructions.

Firstly, I simply could not find "update creator 3.0", so I tried a couple of others including AutoUpdateCreator V1.1 and AndroidUltimateToolboxPro. after creating and signing the modified zip file, I simply fail in the update process on the Measy X7 and receive the error "E:signature verification failed"

I also tried another solution as documented http://lazydroid.com/2011/03/howto-r...ate-zip-files/ and failed with the same error. I did however notice the last line in that posting that states that I cannot simply apply the normal update process and will need to install a tool like "ClockworkMod Recovery".

The biggest problem is that I have a virtual brick with no discernible bootable system on it and no real way to install anything until after I manage to recover the device to a bootable state.

Admittedly, the process seems almost reasonable, it is just this issue with the signature that I need to find a solution to now.

Any suggestions guys, and thank you again Bon for a great reply. Possibly the answer is in fact with "Update Creator 3.0" and then all I need to do is find a copy of that and try again.

Cheers,

Johnno

Comment

Update - still having problems

I have managed to get past the problem of the signature verification by gleaming instructions from "Update Zip Packager 3.0" and using their script.

Now I seem to get stuck with the Installation aborting.

I figure now I need to read all the abort conditions in the installer script and either delete them or force them to pass. I am really becoming concerned that I may really damage this device if I start applying incorrect updates to it.

The only information I am sure about as far as the version of my Measy X7 is the following:

ricky@ubuntu )

Does anyone have the current firmware for this device as it would have been shipped from China?

Cheers,

JS

Comment

Re: root request for measy x7

Keep in mind that the x7 has 2 version 1 hast android 2.2 and the other 2.3 and are not compatibles between them.

Check in pinoydvd forum there I used to post some thing about x7

Sent from my MOMO11 四核 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                            X