Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
    @Movie78
    So have you tried the firmware? Does it work? Is it better than newer firmware?
    I think they changed from 1080p to 720p in Android to get better score in Antutu.

Sorry.

Didn't try it..Worry about bricking the device.

What is in the new patcher?
    Can i use it on the stock firmware?

Thanks for all your help..

Comment

This patcher patches firmwares from 720p to 1080p. Patch works on M-195 & newer EW902 firmwares too. which aren't 1080p.

The modified firmware wasn't tested, but it should work. Test at your own risk!
      This webpage is not available

Download link is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
        I received my ew902 yesterday. Is this the recent firmware for the box? Have you found a way to connect to windows computer? Thanks

I connect my cable to HDMI INPUT, but the picture had a Green layer on top,the audio part works fine.

Comment

Try this link then:

The patcher changes framebuffer from 720p to 1080p. So it will be just like the first Eweat firmware & XBMC will display 1920x1080p. You have to run it from Windows. Then install patched install.img firmware.
          Yes you can use it on stock firmware.

Comment

Try this link then:

The patcher changes framebuffer from 720p to 1080p. So it will be just like the first Eweat firmware & XBMC will display 1920x1080p. You have to run it from Windows. Then install patched install.img firmware.
            How are able to create this things?

Teach me

Is there a risk with this patch?

Comment

Try this link then:

I am having trouble getting the ew902 to be recognize my my widows computers. In settings on the box there is no connect to computer settings and I tried usb debugging. (2.) I can not understand how to set the box in recovery. (3.)With the restore button or pin hole I installed the recent firmware with out any problems. I tried the 1080p patched zip after unzipping the file with the restore pin method without success. The box is different in a few ways than other boxes on the market. If you could give suggestions I would appreciate the advice.

Comment

@odrewjr
                Why do you want to connect the ew902 to a windows computer?
                Did you try usb debugging over network?
                Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Why do you want to set it in recovery?
                Here it is how you can install firmware for Realtek 1195 player:
                Android TV boxes based on Realtek RTD1195 SoC are cheap (about $60), with a relatively slow dual core Cortex A7 processor, but include fast interfaces

You have to patch install.img, which is a tar archive, not some zip file. Which firmware did you want to patch?

@Movie78
                You must have some knowledge about computers, hex editors, other tools, but most importantly an inquiring mind.
                For instance here Eweat released first a firmware with 1080p, then the firmware afterward was 720p. So you have to find were is that difference. Here you'll find out it is in device tree blob(dtb file).
                Last edited by csgabe; 11-11-2014, 10:48.

Comment

@odrewjr
                  Why do you want to connect the ew902 to a windows computer?
                  Did you try usb debugging over network?
                  Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Why do you want to set it in recovery?
                  Here it is how you can install firmware for Realtek 1195 player:
                  Android TV boxes based on Realtek RTD1195 SoC are cheap (about $60), with a relatively slow dual core Cortex A7 processor, but include fast interfaces

You have to patch install.img, which is a tar archive, not some zip file. Which firmware did you want to patch?

@Movie78
                  You must have some knowledge about computers, hex editors, other tools, but most importantly an inquiring mind.
                  For instance here Eweat released first a firmware with 1080p, then the firmware afterward was 720p. So you have to find were is that difference. Here you'll find out it is in device tree blob(dtb file).
                  Thanks!

The patch work.

Now if you can fix he DTS HD and DOLBY TRUEHD 7.1 or 5 .1

Comment

That's not so easy. But in latest Eweat EW902 firmware some of it seems fixed:
                    Code:
                    Dolby 7.1 RAW is working                   [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]                 
                    Dolby 5.1 RAW and auto is working         [/FONT][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]DTS master, RAM is 5.1ch ,Auto is 2ch          
                    [/FONT][/COLOR]
                    Probably soon it will be fixed in M-195 too, because these two boxes are similar(same kernel, device tree blob is different, same developer ).

Comment

That's not so easy. But in latest Eweat EW902 firmware some of it seems fixed:
                      Code:
                      Dolby 7.1 RAW is working                   [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]                 
                      Dolby 5.1 RAW and auto is working         [/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]DTS master, RAM is 5.1ch ,Auto is 2ch          
                      [/FONT][/COLOR]
                      Probably soon it will be fixed in M-195 too, because these two boxes are similar(same kernel, device tree blob is different, same developer ).
                      These companies should hired you to work on the products,it doesn't the know what they doing.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I received my M-195. For a long time I tried using Android Box as media player, but without success (for mid/high end purpose). Well, I´m impressive with this box.

First all, don´t be afraid with the low performance showed in the benchmarks program. This SOC has a dual core (low performance) processor. However, ALL VIDEO and AUDIO are processed by a "VPU" (Video Processor). The good news is that features does not use the current CPU to do this task. The BAD news is that only Realtek has the "CODE" to access this VPU (Too bad).

I didn´t found an update firmware for this box, and in my try I updated to the latest EW902 firmware. Works great. Almost no issues (The only problem that I was found is in the box led). Also, It´s possible to downgrade without any problems. If you are waiting someone to try this, I already did.

Second, the image Quality of my Blu-ray Remux it´s amazing. Never see some like that. Better than my Blue Ray player (I don´t remember the model, but it´s a Sony).

The sound it´s very nice also. But still with lack support for DTS-HD. Anyway, I did some tests playing high quality audio files (24bits, 192KHz) with total support. Worked very, very well.

Unfortunately, as I told before, to use 100% percent of this Box you are limited to use Realtek player. This is the only player that has support for the "VPU" inside of this processor. I did some tests with XBMC (Realtek Version), but without success. Don´t know what happened, but it does not played any file. With "normal" XBMC, it works, but the performance is terrible (It not have support to the VPU from this SOC).

At least the Realtek player has support a big number of files. At least all files that I tried it work´s (only found the problem with Dolby HD and DTS HD).

My Receiver is a Denon 2809, and works great with this player.

I´ll make more tests this weekend. After that, I´ll put the results here.

Thanks a lot guys. I think this player has a good future.
                        Last edited by gfilho; 11-13-2014, 10:30.

Comment

M-195 or ew902

Originally posted by gfilho View Post
                          Hello Guys,

I received my M-195. For a long time I tried using Android Box as media player, but without success (for mid/high end purpose). Well, I´m impressive with this box.

First all, don´t be afraid with the low performance showed in the benchmarks program. This SOC has a dual core (low performance) processor. However, ALL VIDEO and AUDIO are processed by a "VPU" (Video Processor). The good news is that features does not use the current CPU to do this task. The BAD news is that only Realtek has the "CODE" to access this VPU (Too bad).

I didn´t found an update firmware for this box, and in my try I updated to the latest EW902 firmware. Works great. Almost no issues (The only problem that I was found is in the box led). Also, It´s possible to downgrade without any problems. If you are waiting someone to try this, I already did.

Second, the image Quality of my Blu-ray Remux it´s amazing. Never see some like that. Better than my Blue Ray player (I don´t remember the model, but it´s a Sony).

The sound it´s very nice also. But still with lack support for DTS-HD. Anyway, I did some tests playing high quality audio files (24bits, 192KHz) with total support. Worked very, very well.

Unfortunately, as I told before, to use 100% percent of this Box you are limited to use Realtek player. This is the only player that has support for the "VPU" inside of this processor. I did some tests with XBMC (Realtek Version), but without success. Don´t know what happened, but it does not played any file. With "normal" XBMC, it works, but the performance is terrible (It not have support to the VPU from this SOC).

At least the Realtek player has support a big number of files. At least all files that I tried it work´s (only found the problem with Dolby HD and DTS HD).

Thanks for your feedbac, I would like a box with DTS-HD but i am still waiting for a good model. Do you thinks that M-195 or ew902 would handle it soon?

More, what is better bettween M-195 and ew902? It is normal tanht those boxes are cheaper than s802 based models?

Many thanks

Comment

Hello Guys,

Share the link o the EWEAT firmware you flash your device with.

I have the same problem with my too( Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD) doesn't work.

I think the latest EWEAT firmware fixed the Audio issue.

Comment

Hello davdi1982,

I´m not sure why this player is so cheap. But definitivily, it has a better audio and video than any other android player. I think this happen because this SOC has been developed to work just as media player (It have a very poor performance to other tasks, but it´s useful to access the Internet).

I have one Vega S89 (S802 SOC). It´s very good box. Have a better performance. Work´s fine with many applications. But unfortunately does not play my HD (96/192Khz, 24bits) audio files (without downmix). This cheaper player can do this, and have a really impressive picture quality.

Also, I can´t play Dolby True HD and DTS files in this box. It´s possible to downmix the sound, but lost a lot of quality. The picture is good, but not as good as in the M 195 (When playing the same video, but with the Realtek player).

@Movie78,

I installed the follow firmware (from EW902):

Download latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for Eweat EW902 TV Box from here , here or here . Download previous firmware from here . ...

I´m looking for a new one, even from others brand, but without success. This one worked fine in my M195. I´m sure that has several improvements to be made in the current Android distribution for this box.

For the moment, It´s all information that I have. I´ll make more tests this weekend.

Cheers.

Comment

Hello davdi1982,

I´m not sure why this player is so cheap. But definitivily, it has a better audio and video than any other android player. I think this happen because this SOC has been developed to work just as media player (It have a very poor performance to other tasks, but it´s useful to access the Internet).

I have one Vega S89 (S802 SOC). It´s very good box. Have a better performance. Work´s fine with many applications. But unfortunately does not play my HD (96/192Khz, 24bits) audio files (without downmix). This cheaper player can do this, and have a really impressive picture quality.

Also, I can´t play Dolby True HD and DTS files in this box. It´s possible to downmix the sound, but lost a lot of quality. The picture is good, but not as good as in the M 195 (When playing the same video, but with the Realtek player).

@Movie78,

I installed the follow firmware (from EW902):

Download latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for Eweat EW902 TV Box from here , here or here . Download previous firmware from here . ...

I´m looking for a new one, even from others brand, but without success. This one worked fine in my M195. I´m sure that has several improvements to be made in the current Android distribution for this box.

For the moment, It´s all information that I have. I´ll make more tests this weekend.

Cheers.
                                Hear is another brand using the same chipset.
                                EC-U6D

Download latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for EC-U6D Android Media Player from here , here or here .  Archive name: U6D-442.03...

You can try their Firmware

Comment

Working...
                                X