This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EWEAT EW902 TV-Box Review&More -coming soon-

I got an EW902 from EWEAT for a review. It has arrived today with the DHL at my house.

First surprise while unboxing the ew902 was the full metal design. Yes, this TV-Box is made of real metal, so it is a bit heavier and looks like a good quality design. I’m a bit exited what this Realtec based TV-Box can do, because it is my first one.

Soon I will release the review after testing the device. Feel free to post questions in the thread, I will try to answer as good as I can or there are other who might have some experierence with EW902.

JD

Last edited by JDfense; 01-02-2015, 06:47.

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
    I got an EW902 from EWEAT for a review. It has arrived today with the DHL at my house.

First surprise while unboxing the ew902 was the full metal design. Yes, this TV-Box is made of real metal, so it is a bit heavier and looks like a good quality design. I’m a bit exited what this Realtec based TV-Box can do, because it is my first one.

Soon I will release the review after testing the device. Feel free to post questions in the thread, I will try to answer as good as I can or there are other who might have some experierence with EW902.

JD

Hope you can explain to me how the hell this machine can't play anything in XBMC through SMB, DLNA. The rtkplayer in XBMC is really a shit ! And the dvdplayer only works for non-HD files . 720p and 1080p files are unwatchable ! The only way to have 1080p resolution in XBMC and Android 4.4 is to download a patch for the M-195 player ( made by the same company that do the EWEAT ). Since the 2nd firmware update they dropped the resolution to 720p both in Android and XBMC. I am the guy who started the thread in AVS forum about the EWEAT...

Comment

Originally posted by snipes View Post
      Hope you can explain to me how the hell this machine can't play anything in XBMC through SMB, DLNA. The rtkplayer in XBMC is really a shit ! And the dvdplayer only works for non-HD files . 720p and 1080p files are unwatchable ! The only way to have 1080p resolution in XBMC and Android 4.4 is to download a patch for the M-195 player ( made by the same company that do the EWEAT ). Since the 2nd firmware update they dropped the resolution to 720p both in Android and XBMC. I am the guy who started the thread in AVS forum about the EWEAT...
      Hi Snipes,

I know nothing about SMB and DLNA with XBMC so far, because I don't use it, but maybe I will come back to this point.
      More worse is the issue with the resolution. I can't play 1080p, but 720p video (streams) are no problem at all. I had at first xbmc 13.x installed and it did not work stable. Now I have kodi and it works stable, of course in HD.
      I did not try any patch so far.

I need time for more research.

JD

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
        Hi Snipes,

I know nothing about SMB and DLNA with XBMC so far, because I don't use it, but maybe I will come back to this point.
        More worse is the issue with the resolution. I can't play 1080p, but 720p video (streams) are no problem at all. I had at first xbmc 13.x installed and it did not work stable. Now I have kodi and it works stable, of course in HD.
        I did not try any patch so far.

I need time for more research.

JD
        So if you don't know anything about SMB DLNA with XBMC.
        Then what are you doing the review for?

Comment

Did I say anything, movie78?
          Of course, I don't know a device before I got it in my hands.

JD - - > Kingzone K1s Turbo
          Last edited by JDfense; 01-02-2015, 14:11.

Comment

Eweat EW902 KitKat TV Box Hands-on. First impressions.

Eweat EW902 KitKat TV Box Hands-on. First impressions.

More info about Eweat EW902 here.

Comment

Thanks danroux, everyone has his own focus on a new device. Nobody is interested in all features, some are basics. The connectivity is for sure a plus, but there are other things to talk about.
              I saw in these boxes more a choice for small Pc.

JD - - > Kingzone K1s Turbo

Comment

How is your review so far ?
                I connected my 5TB Seagate Backup Plus to the EWEAT. Now it plays 3D BD ISO and BD ISO.

But still couldnt play BDMV files.

SO, like I said the EWEAT is doing a really poor job to play files via NETWORK.

And with connected external HDD, it couldnt play BDMV files.

I did not test MKV, MP4, AVI, etc via external HDD

Comment

EW902 plays BDMV files

How is your review so far ?
                  I connected my 5TB Seagate Backup Plus to the EWEAT. Now it plays 3D BD ISO and BD ISO.

But still couldnt play BDMV files.

SO, like I said the EWEAT is doing a really poor job to play files via NETWORK.

And with connected external HDD, it couldnt play BDMV files.

I did not test MKV, MP4, AVI, etc via external HDD

Actually you CAN paly BDMV files. You should press the "Play" button instead of "OK" on the remote control. The "Play" button is right below the "Mute" button.

The newest firmware will be uploaded soon, and I'll share the download link when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Movie78 View Post
                    So if you don't know anything about SMB DLNA with XBMC.
                    Then what are you doing the review for?
                    maybe if you read the title of the first post you would understand
                    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      Actually you CAN paly BDMV files. You should press the "Play" button instead of "OK" on the remote control. The "Play" button is right below the "Mute" button.

The newest firmware will be uploaded soon, and I'll share the download link when it's done.
                      Grace, I can play them only via local playback. I was talking about XBMC playback. I know how to use the remote. I am probably the first person who hold this machine and did A LOT Of testing on this unit.

When you will bring a new XBMC apk ? That 's the only way to correct the flaws in XBMC.

And you need an update for AVI, XVID, DIVIX, WMA, WMV9, WMA PRO. The player coulnd not play those files and the 4K .TS files

Comment

Grace, I can play them only via local playback. I was talking about XBMC playback. I know how to use the remote. I am probably the first person who hold this machine and did A LOT Of testing on this unit.

When you will bring a new XBMC apk ? That 's the only way to correct the flaws in XBMC.

And you need an update for AVI, XVID, DIVIX, WMA, WMV9, WMA PRO. The player coulnd not play those files and the 4K .TS files
                        Hi Snipes. Thank you for your testing. I'm just informed that Realtek is working on a new XBMC apk. Hope the flaws will be fixed soon.

A license is needed for the player to play AVI, XVID, DIVIX, WMA, WMV9, WMA PRO files. But it should be able to play 4k and TS files. I'm not sure why you can't play 4k and TS files. Maybe we'll need to have it tested again to identify the problem.

Comment

'A license is needed for the player to play AVI, XVID, DIVIX, WMA, WMV9, WMA PRO files' ... What do you mean ? It supposed to play those files according to the specs why they should need a licence to play them ? It 's not like DTS-HD ! Every good media player should play those files.
                          I saw the Phoenix 1195 Media Codec Support Capability list and those files were on it.

As for the 4k files and .Ts files. I said 4K.Ts file ... like HEVC 4K files that are .TS

I have a couple of .MP4 4K files ( H.264) that are playing.

But the .TS 4K files ( HEVC ) are not playing.

It's the 4K files that are encoded in HEVC with the .TS extension that are not playing

Comment

The review is here

Further discussion are better there placed, so I close the thread.

JD

Comment

Working...
                            X